Trying to Build My Gaming Blog

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
travis_stywall
16-bit

Trying to Build My Gaming Blog

Post by travis_stywall »

One of my goals for this year is to start a gaming blog and consistently write so that I can improve and have something to look back on in the future — but yeah, I'll update these as they come. Also, if you're on WordPress, add me and I'll do the same, because I'd love to have other blogs to read.

Reviews
Mighty No. 9
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

Columns
Discovering the Blue Bomber: Mega Man (NES)
Discovering the Blue Bomber: Mega Man 2 (NES)
Quick Bits: The Vermilion Destroyer Expansion
Last edited by travis_stywall on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Trying to Build My Gaming Blog

Post by CD AGES »

Just went through your write up for Melty Blood. It was a solid read.

One of my friends plays Melty quite a bit, both casually and competitively.

Personally, I'm more partial to Under Night.
travis_stywall
16-bit

Post by travis_stywall »

CD AGES wrote:Just went through your write up for Melty Blood. It was a solid read.

One of my friends plays Melty quite a bit, both casually and competitively.

Personally, I'm more partial to Under Night.

Thanks, dude! It's seriously good to hear that my writing is up to snuff. Anyway, I really want to get into Under Night: In-Birth, but I have been to consumed by Skullgirls and Street Fighter V at the moment.

If you've played both, could they play about the same? I only ask because it's behind the same people, but it looks ten times better.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hey, nice start man.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I refuse to grant recognition until it has glowing praise for Hyperdimension Neptunia.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

travis_stywall
16-bit

Post by travis_stywall »

noiseredux wrote:hey, nice start man.

Thanks! Hopefully I can crank out a review in my spare time every week or so.

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I refuse to grant recognition until it has glowing praise for Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Ah damn, you might not give me any recognition then. I somewhat enjoyed Hyperdimension Neptunia, but I immediately gave up on the series when I purchased Sister's Generation and realized it was just a lazy sequel.

In all honestly, I have NO idea how people still buy those games.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

travis_stywall wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I refuse to grant recognition until it has glowing praise for Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Ah damn, you might not give me any recognition then. I somewhat enjoyed Hyperdimension Neptunia, but I immediately gave up on the series when I purchased Sister's Generation and realized it was just a lazy sequel.

In all honestly, I have NO idea how people still buy those games.

...I don't think we can be friends. That family that Neps together stays together; you're already tearing this family apart, and you've just joined.

Okay, so maybe I'm the one tearing this family apart since I'm the only one with a creepy obsession with Neptunia, but I'd rather blame the rest of you.

Megadimension Neptunia VII is the only game for which I've gotten a Platinum trophy.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

travis_stywall
16-bit

Post by travis_stywall »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:...I don't think we can be friends. That family that Neps together stays together; you're already tearing this family apart, and you've just joined.

Okay, so maybe I'm the one tearing this family apart since I'm the only one with a creepy obsession with Neptunia, but I'd rather blame the rest of you.

Megadimension Neptunia VII is the only game for which I've gotten a Platinum trophy.

Oh we shall be friends, but I just need to see a Nepu game where they don't recycle assets and I'll be back on board. I would give Hyper Devotion Noire a shot, just because it's and SRPG, but they recycle assets.

UPDATE
By the way, I've added a column I've just written about my first experiences with the original Mega Man on my blog.

https://travisstywall.wordpress.com/201 ... -mega-man/
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

travis_stywall wrote:Thanks, dude! It's seriously good to hear that my writing is up to snuff. Anyway, I really want to get into Under Night: In-Birth, but I have been to consumed by Skullgirls and Street Fighter V at the moment.

If you've played both, could they play about the same? I only ask because it's behind the same people, but it looks ten times better.

You're welcome. Truth be told I've been wanting to do a blog myself on the very topic of games I play. Maybe someday... maybe not.

I've only dabbled in Melty so I can't comment much regarding the two. Though you are correct, both titles share the same dev.
UNIEL to me just feels like it has a much heavier ground game than its predecessor which is what attracted me to it. The game is still as blistering fast as Melty. Def try it out for yourself if you have an interest in the game.
AaronC
8-bit

Post by AaronC »

Just followed you. Great look to the blog. Can't wait to read more.