Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Daria
24-bit

Daria Reviews-Now showing: Wonder Project J [SNES]

by Daria Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:51 pm

So Daria here and I pretty much do video reviews of old old games (and new old games). I specialize in RPGs, Adventure titles, and horror games. So ya know, pretty much anything super nerdy.

Current Video:
May 5 2017 - Wonder Project J - From the Creators of EVO

Older Videos:
January 13 2017 - Koudelka - THIS IS HELL
August 23 2016 - Dragon's View - The BEST Beat-Em-Up RPG You've NEVER Played (Unless You Have)
July 27 2016 - Gunman's Proof it's like A Link to the Past with a machine gun
June 24 2016 - Twisted Tales of SpikeMcFang is a crazy fun Action RPG
June 10 2016 - Goonies never say die! But they do press start
June 1 2016 - Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
May 18 2016 - Dark Half - Eat NPCs in a Challenging Horror SRPG
April 11 2016 - The 15 Most Influential RPGs of the 1980s
March 14 2016 - Unepic Adventures for the Sega Genesis - Daria Reviews 3 Unpopular RPGs
Feb 18 2016 - Girly Games 4 Manly Men - Three Kickass RPGs with Female Protagonists
Feb 10 2016 - Haunted: Halloween '85 - A Monster Masher of Nostalgic Proportions
Feb 5 2016 - Treausure of the Rudras: Square's Best Unreleased (in the US) RPG
Jan 23 2016 - Shadows of Adam - Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest Clone Now on Kickstarter
Jan 15 2016 - Willow - Proof that Movie Licenses Can Make Great Games Afterall
Dec 24 2015 - Landstalker - Misunderstood Platforming Classic
Dec 17 2015 - Firestriker - the SNES Zelda/Arkanoid Love Child
Dec 10th 2015 - Sweet Home - 8bit Perfection?
Oct 4th 2015 - Little Ninja Brothers - A Funky 2Player Co-op RPG for the NES
Sept 21st 2015 - The Incident- New NES Puzzle Game for the Hardcore
Sept 11th 2015 - Arabian Nights - Translated SNES RPG
Sept 4th 2015 - Legends of Owlia - An NES Homebrew Adventure
Aug 14th 2015 - Why Growing up An RPG Gamer on the Sega Genesis was f@#%ing Awesome!
July 29th 2015 - 5 Best RPGs for Total n00bz
July 9th 2015 - Clock Tower - Why is this SNES Game Scarier than Modern Titles?
July 4th 2015 - Swords & Runes - An NES Indie RPG
September 20 2016 - Dragon Quest 7 - The differences between the PSX and 3DS versions
Last edited by Daria on Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 am, edited 34 times in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel DariaPlays for super nerdy video reviews on classic RPGs and Adventure titles. Bonus: I don't suck! Pinky-swear.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Daria Plays - Retro Video Reviews

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:17 am

Nice videos. This subforum is frequently spammed with sub-par "let's play" crap but these are actually worth watching. And mad props for making a review about Arabian Nights.
Daria
24-bit

by Daria Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:14 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Nice videos. This subforum is frequently spammed with sub-par "let's play" crap but these are actually worth watching. And mad props for making a review about Arabian Nights.

I've made a few LPs for personal fun, and will probably make more in the future but honestly I don't even bother sharing them anymore. I just upload them without fanfare. They're honestly channel filler, the reviews are more work intensive to make, but also more rewarding and relevant.

And thank you for the kind feedback. I appreciate it. (:
Check out my YouTube Channel DariaPlays for super nerdy video reviews on classic RPGs and Adventure titles. Bonus: I don't suck! Pinky-swear.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't have an inherent problem with LPs...... Just the terrible ones that have been dumped around here as of late. :lol:

Anyhow, keep up the good work. I have to get myself a copy of Arabian Nights.
Daria
24-bit

by Daria Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:42 pm

New video. Hope you like the NES. (:

The Incident- New NES Puzzle Game for the Hardcore
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Nice vid. I enjoyed the Gen RPG one too. Warriors of the Eternal Sun is so boss. Probably the best D&D console game.
Daria
24-bit

by Daria Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:40 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Nice vid. I enjoyed the Gen RPG one too. Warriors of the Eternal Sun is so boss. Probably the best D&D console game.

There's always the beat em' up on Saturn (import), but I guess that doesn't really count as it's an arcade port. I also really like the two Baldur's gate Diablo clones, but they're also no where near as good as the PC series.

So... basically I completely agree. :p
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 pm

You did your homework, actually played the game, gave both the pros and cons of said game, and gave a review with enthusiasm and an engaging voice. I'd say the only thing missing is being able to see the person who is reviewing the game. Even a five second shot of "Hi this is Daria" would be great.

Other than that, good stuff. Succinct.
Daria
24-bit

by Daria Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Luke wrote:You did your homework, actually played the game, gave both the pros and cons of said game, and gave a review with enthusiasm and an engaging voice. I'd say the only thing missing is being able to see the person who is reviewing the game. Even a five second shot of "Hi this is Daria" would be great.

Other than that, good stuff. Succinct.

But then I'd have to shower, put on makeup, and buy a not-crappy camera. Bleach.

Joking aside, thanks for the feedback. I guess that personal face-to-face connection with my audience is something to consider.
Daria
24-bit

by Daria Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:38 am

New video up. Something to check out if you're into old school NES RPGs.
Return to Game Reviews