Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Betagam7
128-bit

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Heart of Darkness for PS1

by Betagam7 Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:40 am

I remember my Dad playing this every night till well after midnight on the PSone we bought him. He never did beat it though, it required some murderously fast responses.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Buck Bumble for N64 Review

by CRTGAMER Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:20 am

BRIK wrote: for PSone Review

Kinda like Limbo BUT OLD.

Nice review! I bought the PS1 version many years ago after finding out that it was made by the same game developer that put out Out Of This World. I had only played only a few levels, but now that I have seen your video I want to pop the disc back in. Good comparison, Limbo does play similar!

Your videos are well done diving right into the game play videos without the needless load screens. Good to just have the actual game sounds to help capture the entire feel of the game with your voice mixed in for the review.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Kidpanda
64-bit

by Kidpanda Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:58 pm

HoD was awesome. Bought it when it came out, play through it at least once every two years. Stunning animation for its time.
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:40 am

Betagam7 wrote:I remember my Dad playing this every night till well after midnight on the PSone we bought him. He never did beat it though, it required some murderously fast responses.

Haha nice. I wish I had when I was younger so I would have played it better in this review ;)

CRTGAMER wrote:
BRIK wrote: for PSone Review

Kinda like Limbo BUT OLD.

Nice review! I bought the PS1 version many years ago after finding out that it was made by the same game developer that put out Out Of This World. I had only played only a few levels, but now that I have seen your video I want to pop the disc back in. Good comparison, Limbo does play similar!

Your videos are well done diving right into the game play videos without the needless load screens. Good to just have the actual game sounds to help capture the entire feel of the game with your voice mixed in for the review.

I'm glad it comes across okay, I was worried the sound would be too jumbled going from clip to clip. But as you said, I agree it's important to convey what the actual game sounds like, not just the soundtrack which a lot of reviewers tend to do. Thanks for watching!

Kidpanda wrote:HoD was awesome. Bought it when it came out, play through it at least once every two years. Stunning animation for its time.

Nice. I can imagine playing it again some day!
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:41 am

Vortex for SNES Review

An interesting 3D mech shooter that utilised the Super FX chip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psAB_Sr4q0
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Vortex for SNES Review

by BRIK Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:53 am

Red Faction for PC Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veYt41DLC4o

Today with my second ever retro PC review, we're jet-setting off to Mars. I hear it's lovely this time of year! What isn't so lovely, though is the evil Ultor Corporation. They suck! Time to liberate Mars with the Red Faction!
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

by SNESdrunk Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:13 am

Red Faction was a huge deal back when it came out, there weren't many games back then where you could interact with the setting like that. Put a LOT of hours into this game. Great video, thanks for posting
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:30 pm

SNESdrunk wrote:Red Faction was a huge deal back when it came out, there weren't many games back then where you could interact with the setting like that. Put a LOT of hours into this game. Great video, thanks for posting

I remember even when Red Faction: Guerilla came out it was quite a huge deal that you could destroy basically anything. There hasn't really been a game like it since either.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Red Faction for PC Review

by BRIK Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:58 am

Time Crisis & GunCon Light Gun for PSone Review

Today we're checking out Time Crisis for the PSone, as well as the GunCon (or G-Con 45) light gun! This is a first for the channel and myself personally, so check it out if you want to see me suckily playing a light gun game! Having said that, though, I had a whale of a time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjUONm3hFU&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z120h5grkzathnszb04ch1arbsriz1sqd5g
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Time Crisis for PSone Revi

by SNESdrunk Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:09 am

Missed out on a lot of PS1 stuff so I appreciate seeing this. Some of the settings look very Goldeneye-ish. Music sounds awesome too. And I would not have guessed the GunCon actually being compatible with a few PS2 games.

Great video as always BRIK, lots of good info
Return to Game Reviews