Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: A Bug's Life for PSone

by BRIK Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:05 am

Colin Mcrae Rally 04 for Xbox

My first Xbox review, which is probably the newest game I've review yet... I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPAD7e050M
Retro Game On << Please check out my retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness.

Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)
Ghegs
64-bit

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Colin Mcrae Rally 04 for X

by Ghegs Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 am

Nice vid and game, do you know if the PS2 version fares any better or worse? I don't have an Xbox, but I do have a PS2 and a wheel and an urge to rally.
My videos

Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:26 am

Ghegs wrote:Nice vid and game, do you know if the PS2 version fares any better or worse? I don't have an Xbox, but I do have a PS2 and a wheel and an urge to rally.

Not sure, like I said in the review I don't think it would be so great with the controller compared to the Xbox's, but if you have a steering wheel I guess that cancels it out.
I guess it would be okay, those sort of games across platforms in that era were almost always identical.
Retro Game On << Please check out my retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness.

Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:42 am

Golden Axe for Mega Drive/Genesis Review

Today we take a look at this awesome arcade beat em' up! The first beat em' up I've reviewed, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCmXz3EazUs

BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews!LATEST VIDEO:Golden Axe for MD/Genesis Re

by BRIK Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Pilotwings 64 for N64

It's been a while since I've done a N64 review, so I guess it's just about time. Today we take a look at this interesting launch game, Pilotwings 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Ot1FWC2k0

BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews!LATEST VIDEO: Pilotwings 64 for N64 Revie

by BRIK Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:18 am

Saltwater Sportsfishing for PSone

Today we're looking at... a fishing game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wWvT4hTXk

BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews!LATEST VIDEO: Saltwater Sportsfishing for

by BRIK Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:19 am

The Continuing Story of E.T the Extra-Terrestrial on the Atari 2600

Today we take a look at this interesting piece of gaming history, that helped with the crash of '83 and investigate subsequent urban myths about being buried in the desert.
This isn't really a review as such, as we'll be looking deeper into how this game came to be and all the drama that happened afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCFMRBiOjAU

BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews!LATEST VIDEO: E.T for Atari 2600

by BRIK Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 am

Speed Freaks/Speed Punks for PSone Review

Today we take a look at a Mario Kart clone that isn't total garbage (and isn't CTR).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDpgWSuPqpc

BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews!LATEST VIDEO:Speed Freaks/Speed Punks for

by BRIK Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:11 am

Donkey Kong Land for Game Boy

My first Game Boy review; Donkey Kong Land for Game Boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbVh1bTFZw

Betagam7
128-bit

Re: BRIK's Reviews!LATEST VIDEO: Donkey Kong Land for Game B

by Betagam7 Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 am

Interesting to hear about the meta-story.

I liked how Rare used to have Cranky make jokes about the flashy hardware of the time, it's doubly amusing to see him talking about it this way in 2014 when it s anything but.

I've been playing the GBC Donkey Kong Country game of late. It seems to be a more faithful port of the SNES game instead of the Land games alternate riff...and of course it is in full colour (which has its own drawbacks).

From the sounds of your review they improved the save system as DKC now saves after every level is beaten, regardless of whether you collect the KONG letters. The game is extremely difficult so this is a good thing.

I might pick up the Land games at some point, they look like they suffer less from colour clash than the DKC port where the GB's limited colour palette actually works against it with the complexity of graphics on display.

Good review, anyway. I was amused by your trying to put the game in a DC. :)
Return to Game Reviews