Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Vib-Ribbon for PSone Revie

by KalessinDB Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:59 am

dsheinem wrote:
KalessinDB wrote:One of my first few dates with my last girlfriend was to the Ontario Museum & Science Center when they were having a video game exhibit. Lotta cool stuff there that we both enjoyed playing with, but Vib Ribbon was the one that most got burned into my head. I'm not much of an import collector, but I do kinda want to get me a copy of that one.

It was put in PSN last year, FWIW.

Neat! I'm not much of a digital-only collector, but I may make an exception for that. How do they handle the whole "Insert your own CD" thing? Do they load up MP3s, do you still just drop in a CD, or is it just "Screw you"?
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:08 am

KalessinDB wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
KalessinDB wrote:One of my first few dates with my last girlfriend was to the Ontario Museum & Science Center when they were having a video game exhibit. Lotta cool stuff there that we both enjoyed playing with, but Vib Ribbon was the one that most got burned into my head. I'm not much of an import collector, but I do kinda want to get me a copy of that one.

It was put in PSN last year, FWIW.

Neat! I'm not much of a digital-only collector, but I may make an exception for that. How do they handle the whole "Insert your own CD" thing? Do they load up MP3s, do you still just drop in a CD, or is it just "Screw you"?

If you play it on PS3 you can use your own CDs

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/ ... -tomorrow/

I played through it last year and it is a fun, novel experience. I am glad I never ponied up for the import, though, now that I've spent more serious time with it.

EDIT: Woah...the import is super-cheap now :shock: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=vib ... mfe=search

It may be worth just grabbing that if you can play it.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Holy crap, 14 shipped? Snagged. I had no idea it had dropped that low. Thanks for the heads up.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Enjoy guys! I'm glad to hear that the PS3 can support CD play too. It's an integral feature of the game and a lot would be lost if it wasn't available.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:04 am

Lemmings for SNES Review

Ah, Lemmings. Need I say any more? A timeless classic, even went ported from the PC to the SNES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeCOrpXiZY4
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Lemmings for SNES Review

by BRIK Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:27 am

Wipeout 2097 / Wipeout XL for PSone Review

After recently buying this for a dollar, I couldn't help myself and reviewed the sucker.
It's probably the fasted period from purchase to video-review in recent memory, and for good reason. This game is bloody hard, but once you get use to the interesting controls, you're laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umWOQImiweU
Ghegs
64-bit

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Wipeout 2097/XL for PS1 Re

by Ghegs Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:52 am

Nice. I guess you didn't try it with a neGcon? That really makes the game come alive.

Personally, I always disable weapons in my Wipeouts. Not a fan of weapons in my racing games, huge props to Psygnosis for including the option.
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Ghegs wrote:Nice. I guess you didn't try it with a neGcon? That really makes the game come alive.

Personally, I always disable weapons in my Wipeouts. Not a fan of weapons in my racing games, huge props to Psygnosis for including the option.

Unfortunately not, but I will if I ever own the controller. To be honest, I struggled a bit with the digital only controls.
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:44 am

Road Rash II for Genesis/Mega Drive Review

Road Rash is the most reviewed series on this channel, and for good reason. There are not many other bike racing games that let you rage on your opponents in the 16-bit era like Road Rash does, and it's a crying shame that there hasn't been a new release in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvce_0gnMHo
Ghegs
64-bit

Re: BRIK's Reviews! LATEST VIDEO: Road Rash II for Genesis/M

by Ghegs Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:47 pm

So what are your thoughts on Road Redemption, on Steam Early Access currently? Looks to be the Road Rash successor in all but name.
Return to Game Reviews