Final Fantasy VII Review

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
AdamGomez1987
128-bit

Re: Final Fantasy VII Review

Post by AdamGomez1987 »

Any of you remember playing Lego Batman or Lego Indiana Jones for the Playstation 2-3? This is Lego Final Fantasy for the Playstation 1, lmao
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AdamGomez1987 wrote:Any of you remember playing Lego Batman or Lego Indiana Jones for the Playstation 2-3? This is Lego Final Fantasy for the Playstation 1, lmao

I don't get it.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

noiseredux wrote:
AdamGomez1987 wrote:Any of you remember playing Lego Batman or Lego Indiana Jones for the Playstation 2-3? This is Lego Final Fantasy for the Playstation 1, lmao

I don't get it.

He's talking about how block-like the character models look.
AdamGomez1987
128-bit

Post by AdamGomez1987 »

Opa Opa wrote:
noiseredux wrote:

I don't get it.

He's talking about how block-like the character models look.

thank you :)
korn16ftl3
64-bit

Post by korn16ftl3 »

i didnt watch your youtube review HOW EVER i do think this game WAS great but has aged horribly as well as the fact that SE need to quit feeding off the ff7 cash cow (crisis core and advent chldren for example)

the PS3 version on the PSN store or even the legit discs on the PS3 look down right terrible they (sony) cant even emulate there own systems to look proper

they just need to quit baing shit off the game to make more $$ and just re release it....im not 1 for buying a game i already paid for but an updated fully redrafted (not a shitty HD port like the god of war series) FF7 is some thing i would DEFINITELY buy
shadobeni
24-bit

Post by shadobeni »

I think FF7 had a really intriguing world. I did like the characters even if in retrospect they were kind of under-developed. There was a sense of mystery to the story that was driven by both Cloud and Sephiroth and how their pasts were connected. I don't remember enough to really comment on plot holes but I'm sure there were some and I certainly never understood all the past history. It set up the final battle well enough although I would've liked a boss battle vs human Sephiroth before he turned in to the one-winged final boss.

At the time, that opening MV was quite amazing to watch and the opening areas were exciting to play for an inexperienced RPGer like myself. I thought as far as RPGs it was simple enough to get into with the limit breaks and materia system and the Active Time Battle made it more dynamic. Really liked the music too which I think really helped.
korn16ftl3
64-bit

Post by korn16ftl3 »

shadobeni wrote: Really liked the music too which I think really helped.

the 1 winged boss music was by far my favorite in the whole game id blast that whole boss battle stand up rock out and whoop some ass to it
legato10
8-bit

Post by legato10 »

I thought the same thing from the very moment I started playing i, and I got my hands on it pretty damn early for my neck of the woods. I nearly completed it when others at my school started talking about it. Raised on PC games, the blockiness seemed odd, but everything else made up for it.

davidhass3lh0ff wrote:Hello everyone, just leting everyone here know that my newest review is now live and it's a review on Final Fantasy VII for the sony Playstation.

It would be great to here everybody's throught's and opinions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dTLOmUp0io

http://www.michaels-retro-game-reviews.com
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

korn16ftl3 wrote:i didnt watch your youtube review HOW EVER i do think this game WAS great but has aged horribly as well as the fact that SE need to quit feeding off the ff7 cash cow (crisis core and advent chldren for example)

Agreed. I sure hope we've seen the last of this game.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
korn16ftl3 wrote:i didnt watch your youtube review HOW EVER i do think this game WAS great but has aged horribly as well as the fact that SE need to quit feeding off the ff7 cash cow (crisis core and advent chldren for example)

Agreed. I sure hope we've seen the last of this game.