Who Has Official Dreamcast Magazines?

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
racketboy
Site Admin

Who Has Official Dreamcast Magazines?

Post by racketboy »

Currently I only have the final issue of the US Official Dreamcast Magazine (Spiderman Cover).

I almost got a nearly complete collection on eBay, but got outbid.

Does anybody else have any of these that we could possibly scan?

Please post the Date of the issues you have and what is on the cover.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Oh man this is the only magazine I want a full set of. I only have 3. I don't remember how I ever got them, but this mag was a damn good one. Even in a physical sense. Much more durable paper then others.

I don't wanna go digging right now but I know what the covers are. One has Suing Mina of Soul Calibur, one has the Kung Fu girl from Dead or Alive 2, (with the braided hair.). The last one has Tony Hawk 2.
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

I have

second issue: November 1999
another issue: May 2000
another issue: July/Aug 2000

they still smell new too... :lol:
rmal
8-bit

Post by rmal »

I have every single issue of the Official Dreamcast magazine including the dummy Issue 0. I don't have a scanner at the present, but I'd love to be able to work something out because this is an awesome idea to scan old magazines.
~Ryan
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Never seen issue 0...
rmal
8-bit

Post by rmal »

Yeah, it's a pretty small issue only about 30 pages if I remember correctly. I got it at Software Etc. when I preordered the Dreamcast back in '99. I'm going to my parents this weekend and my Dad has a scanner. If I can remember I'll try to get Issue 0 scanned and maybe have something ready by next week.
~Ryan
rmal
8-bit

Post by rmal »

It's going to take me a bit to get Issue 0 done because as it turns out the Official Sega Dreamcast Magazine is too wide to fit onto the scanner so I had to do two scans for every page. It's been fun to take the two scans and put them into one, so that's why it'll take a bit. But I've got the cover online so those of you who haven't seen it can check it out.

http://ryanmalesevich.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/page01.jpg
~Ryan
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

Post by Wanderer - Vega »

56k MODEM for Intense Online Gaming

Word. 8)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

rmal wrote:It's going to take me a bit to get Issue 0 done because as it turns out the Official Sega Dreamcast Magazine is too wide to fit onto the scanner so I had to do two scans for every page. It's been fun to take the two scans and put them into one, so that's why it'll take a bit. But I've got the cover online so those of you who haven't seen it can check it out.

http://ryanmalesevich.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/page01.jpg

Looks incredibly sweet so far!
Take your time and keep up the good work!
nightwalker
64-bit

Post by nightwalker »

Justin Rom wrote:
56k MODEM for Intense Online Gaming

Word. 8)

For those days that was the bomb even the part that says 12+ games on release. I think now every system go out maybe 20 to 50+ or even more

:cry: :cry: those were the good old days.