Untold History of Japanese Game Developers - Free Download

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Discovered this from the Assembler site. Amazon is offering a FREE download of the over 800 page Kindle Book for a very limited time! A neat history perspective of the early days of Japanese game development.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q93N29I/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

This book reveals more secrets about the history of Japanese games than ever before, with 36 interviewees and exclusive archive photos. Konami's secret games console, the origin of Game Arts and Quintet, unusual events at Telenet, stories on Falcom, politics behind Enix's game programming contests, a tour of the Love-de-Lic and WARP offices (with layout sketches). Every interviewee is asked about unreleased titles. Foreword by GAMESIDE magazine's editor-in-chief, Yusaku Yamamoto. INTERVIEWEES INCLUDE: Hitoshi YONEDA / Tatsuo NOMURA / Katsutoshi EGUCHI / Toru HIDAKA / Roy OZAKI / Kouichi YOTSUI / Masaaki KUKINO / Yoshitaka Murayama / Harry Inaba / Ryukushi07 / Kotaro UCHIKOSHI / ZUN / Yoshiro KIMURA / Kouji YOKOTA / Jun Nagashima / Yuzo KOSHIRO / Masamoto MORITA / Akira TAKIGUCHI / Masakuni MITSUHASHI / Kohei IKEDA / Hiroshi SUZUKI / Tomonori SUGIYAMA / Yutaka ISOKAWA / Yasuhito SAITO / Takaki KOBAYASHI / Keite ABE / Keiji INAFUNE / Makoto

I immediately converted the Kindle book to PDF for a much quicker loading DRM Free read and to prevent Amazon from pulling a "1984" delete at a later date. :idea:
Attachments
Untold History Japanese Game  Developers.JPG
Untold History Japanese Game Developers.JPG (94.57 KiB) Viewed 17642 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Untold History of Japanese Game Developers - Free Downlo

Post by Exhuminator »

Maybe I'm being dense here, but I'm not sure if you're saying you're providing a PDF version of this? I would be quite interested in having the PDF version if you could link that?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Untold History of Japanese Game Developers - Free Downlo

Post by CRTGAMER »

Exhuminator wrote:Maybe I'm being dense here, but I'm not sure if you're saying you're providing a PDF version of this? I would be quite interested in having the PDF version if you could link that?

Even though a free download, the Kindle file originally had DRM on it. This alludes to Amazon wanting control of it. Unfortunately due to this, its in the grey area if legit to redistribute as a converted DRM free PDF. I used a PDF converter program, also can be found online.

Not sure how much longer the Kindle version (can run on PC) will be free at the Amazon site, jump on this while available.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425