Do you save the Disc case label stickers?

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Do you save the Disc case label stickers?

Post by flojocabron »

I've seen this before.

See right there with Tekken 3 and Starwars TPM?

Why would the previous owner save the stickers?

I've seen more of this on some games that I've come across and some DVD's that i've picked up along the way.

The previous owner has saved the stickers and placed them inside the dvd case under the manuals/dvd title sheet. Now stuck on the inside plastic.

When bought new, its annoying to remove them, and sometimes they pull the plastic. Or leave a sticky mark. But whats the point in saving the meticulously intact sticker?

Is the sticker an important part of the gaming experience? Are they just saving it in case they want to return it later? Or is it something more devious? Like for repackaging? Or is it another aspect of OCD gamers?

Can this be compared to the way JP games have the Spine Card? Should it be compared? Or be its own thread? why do you want a Spine card?

I know some of you dont think an import game is truly complete without one.

Could the same be said for the lowly sticker?

Are you guilty of the same?

Take a picture of your Katamari ball of label stickers :lol:

thoughts please......
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Re: Do you save the Disc case label stickers?

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

I've been doing this for years, since I've bought my first music CD. I do it out of habit, simply because after peeling the sticker, I have no where else to put it. I stick them on the back of the case, right at the bottom :)

CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I've bought used games that way before. It really bugs me, and I always remove them immediately.

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:after peeling the sticker, I have no where else to put it.

The trash works great for me. :wink:

I just roll'em in a ball and toss them out with the shrink wrap.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Peel them off and apply them to the shrink wrap ... which all goes into the trash.

The only time I think I should have kept any of these security stickers (which is what they're called) was back when, for a brief time, they printed the system requirements for PC games on them ... and that was the only place.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

The only time I kept one of those things on purpose was when I bought Halo 3 when it first came out. It had one of those orange stickers on the top, saying "do not sell before" and then whatever date it launched. It seemed cool, so I hung on to it until a few days ago.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

I keep the top end label stickers that come in DVD cases for both games and movies. This is not too often since I mostly buy the games used or if the sticker gets damaged on removal. The sticker is placed on the inside case cover behind the manual or movie liner notes. If a tough to remove Hologram sticker such as those on PAL cases, the sticker stays right where its at.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

My old old old PC monitor is covered with ones from music CDs and DVDs. Well the text bit anyway. I stopped doing that after I was no longer using that monitor though.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I used to stick them to the windows of my mother's van. She thought it was cute until I started buying death metal CDs.

I don't know if this is universal, but around here there seems to be a trend of opening CDs/games as soon as you buy them and then sticking the label stickers to the trashcan located directly outside the CD/record/game store... :lol:
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I have gotten into the habit of sticking them inside the case underneath the manual or above the disc holder(when dealing with those crap cases with a nice big piece of plastic missing with a recycle symbol :P). Its an odd habit I guess its partially out of laziness and out of an obsession with preserve information :P. I also usually stick receipts if I get them with the most expensive game acquired in a given purchase. I guess I also do this sometimes just in case I ever have to do a return.
alexis524
128-bit

Post by alexis524 »

[quote="Fragems" I also usually stick receipts if I get them with the most expensive game acquired in a given purchase.[/quote]

I used to do this for all my games. I think the last game i did this with was Gran Turismo 4. I folded and stored the receipt inside the game case. It wasn't until a few months ago that I was looking through some of my collection and opened up the case to GT4 and looked at the receipt only to find the ink had severely faded to the point that the entire receipt was just one white slip of paper.