Console specific shelves?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Console specific shelves?

Post by fuctfuct »

For years I have been trying to figure out the best way to have tons of consoles on my desk. I've never been happy with anything I've tried. So I'm giving up. I'm going to buy some shelves to put next to my desk. It's actually pretty hard to find shelves that are inexpensive AND deep enough. I need at least 11 inches deep but would prefer more.

I bought some of those wire shelves. They were 18 inches deep but .. they were "wonky" and not level. Like the shelf itself was level but all the "wires" were not. I returned them and tried another ... same thing.

Wondering if anyone knows of some shelves that work great for consoles. Most book shelves I look at don't really fit the bill. I have an Ikea Kallax but .. I don't like it. Too much wasted space. Great for records tho. Shoe racks actually look great but almost none of them are deep enough. I'm probably going to order one of these.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B088FJ ... FSPH&psc=1

If it works out I'll probably buy two more. Thought I'd ask around first.
opa
128-bit

Re: Console specific shelves?

Post by opa »

Have you considered building some shelves? You'd get the exact dimensions you want and they'd be as sturdy as you need to make them. Personally I've never put things I care too much about on cheap wire shelving.

You get what you pay for with furniture.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I have.. but I've developed fairly severe tinnitus over the last year. Irrationally afraid of loud tools. Slowly getting over it, but... I'm not yet. heh

As far as wire shelves. They seem to work well for many people. Including MLiG and this dude.. https://www.youtube.com/c/GamingTheSystems/videos

Not sure how a wire shelf could hurt anything you care about. If anything it should help cool systems that have fans. While also having less area for dust to gather and then get sucked into the console.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Consider some IKEA Kallax cube storage. Those might do the trick.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I have some of those. I don't really like the waste of space. There are a few kinds of "middle" shelves you can get to use that space. But i find they look a little goofy.

Also, Ikea is a long drive and a ferry ride away from me.. and their shipping sucks in Canadanastan.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I ordered two of those shoe racks. Will let you guy know how they turn out... if anyone cares. :mrgreen: