Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
stickem
Next-Gen

stickem's gaming setup

by stickem Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:39 am

Here's my setup my wife lets me use in the part of our den. Eventually we are going to convert our garage and I'll do a gameroom in there. Or buy a bigger house later, whatever comes first lol.

Some overall pics and my consoles hooked up. Not pictured a softmodded og xbox in our bedroom and a vader 2600 in my garage connected to my sony crt. There's around 650 games pictured I believe.

my holy grail. Magic Knight Rayearth mint with stickers. don't really have alot worth anything close to this but I do buy quality or quanity.

I used to have a big ps1 collection back in the day. Our apartment was robbed and those were taken about 20 years ago. Was so pissed I didn't want to collect for it anymore. Too many good one to replace. Sold off my nes and snes stuff a few years ago. Didn't feel like paying those prices at that time. I don't have alot of ps'2 games because my wife wanted to sell all of them at yard sales years ago before i started hanging onto stuff. Nothing special here or anything but I'm happy with it. Pics aren't the best. This is in a sunken room and light wasn't playing nice with my camera. Sega consoles hooked up via scart to ossc. colecovision, 7800, 3D0 through s-video to retro tinks, wii through component to ossc, and the BC ps3 plays all my playstation stuff. I'm not trilled with the picture on the vizio TV, I think samsungs pull off alot better display.
Last edited by stickem on Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ziggy587

Re: stickem's gaming setup

by Ziggy587 Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:54 am

Nice collection and setup!

Where'd you get the console dust covers from?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:59 am

Ziggy587 wrote:Nice collection and setup!

Where'd you get the console dust covers from?

Thank you!

https://printerboy.net/. get the vinyl, great quaility but takes around a month to get. consoles like the 3do and xbox, beware the power switch on the front face. these covers are snug and can sometimes turn it on without knowing and will get hot. I have a 7800 and coleco cover coming. I like them cause you never have to dust them again lol, just wipe off the cover and you're done.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:41 am

That collection and set up is looking strong, stickem! I really, really like the boxed 2600 and ColecoVision games.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:48 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:That collection and set up is looking strong, stickem! I really, really like the boxed 2600 and ColecoVision games.

Thank you. Looking for more boxed currently. The colecovision is something I picked up recently, and always wanted, having fun with it.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:50 pm

That really is an excellent setup! And that Saturn collection is VERY nice!
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:51 pm

Nemoide wrote:That really is an excellent setup! And that Saturn collection is VERY nice!

Thanks. That's one system I'll splurge on for collecting purposes.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Looks great. Love the wood and the boxed second gen stuff -- despite being really into that era I've actually never seen a ColecoVision box in real life!

Rayearth is a solid holy grail. Really fun RPG too.

Now you just have to alphabetize everything. 8)
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:15 pm

yeah colecovision boxed aren't really expensive, just hard to come by on the bay.

Some are alphabetized, most aren't. :D
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:38 pm

really nice setup. Love the shelving, man. Everything neat and organized. Good stuff.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater