New Home, Quick Game Room Tour 2020

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
turtle
24-bit

New Home, Quick Game Room Tour 2020

Post by turtle »

Hello,

I haven't made a game room update for a number of years. I just moved to a new home with a large theater/game room, its all a work in progress with the blank walls, but the storage aspect of it is finished for now. I thought I'd share

https://youtu.be/As4gVL9RAiM
Blu
Next-Gen

Re: New Home, Quick Game Room Tour 2020

Post by Blu »

Turtle, this is really awesome. I think the closet is so amazing. What sort of shelves did you use to construct it?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Awesome setup, man! Thanks for sharing.

I bet you never would have thought when you were buying a larger home that you'd spend so much of your time in a closet. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing future updates!
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Great setup! The computer and figure displays behind the desk are really nice. I totally agree that the setup in the closet is amazing, that moving shelf seems really handy. Look forward to seeing the updated game room tour when more of it is completed.

Also, what's your goal for the back wall in the game area? I think you mentioned it would be some type of gallery?
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...game room tour vids are usually pretty fun and this is cool vid. I especially like what you did w/that closet, the sliding storage is really trick.
turtle
24-bit

Post by turtle »

Blu wrote:Turtle, this is really awesome. I think the closet is so amazing. What sort of shelves did you use to construct it?

Most of the wood is 5/8" or 1" MDF. I hired a contracting company to do it, I wanted to make sure its engineered into the frame of the house. I would hate to have the sliding shelf fall. It would destroy so much of my collection. The team came in and over engineered it so I am very confident of the structural integrity of the build!

Ziggy587 wrote:I bet you never would have thought when you were buying a larger home that you'd spend so much of your time in a closet. :lol:

:lol:

Note wrote:Great setup! The computer and figure displays behind the desk are really nice. I totally agree that the setup in the closet is amazing, that moving shelf seems really handy. Look forward to seeing the updated game room tour when more of it is completed.

Also, what's your goal for the back wall in the game area? I think you mentioned it would be some type of gallery?

Thanks! behind my computer I have some IKEA besta cabinets to house my Sideshow statue collection.
My wife and I have picked out some prints to be framed and have many framed pieces from out old place to be hung behind the seating area in the living space. As the economy starts to open up and its safe to go out, we will finished framing up everything. When it's all done I think there will be 30-40 framed pieces on the wall. When it's all the room will have a finished look, I will be sure to post an update - probably in jpg form over a video :D

Thanks for everyones interest!