Portable MP3 player suggestions

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Portable MP3 player suggestions

Post by fastbilly1 »

I did get a 20gig ipod 4th gen. It has battery problems but took rockbox like a champ. Soon itll be getting a new battery and zif drive.
DerpDerpingtonIV

Post by DerpDerpingtonIV »

There are a lot of really great MP3 players now.

Fiio X1 is $100 and it is a great DAP. No itunes either.

MP3 players were sort of a hobby of mine in the day.
I recently got the X1 and it is pretty sweet.

Here are some others:
https://www.lifewire.com/best-budget-mp ... rs-2438382

I have a Sony mp3 player and those are really great. Sony has really great sound quality for the price.

There are a ton of options without going to Apple. I hate Itunes
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

iTunes on Windows is a mess, but iTunes on MacOS X is beautifully integrated into everything seamlessly.

When I boot into OS X (most of the time) I’m very happy with iTunes; when I boot into Windows I don’t even keep iTunes installed on that partition.

The Fiio line looks neat. I mentioned Apple, Fiio, and Sony MP3 players in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51693
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

My mom's still using a Sansa Clip+ upgraded to the latest original firmware with a 32GB MicroSDHC card. I've offered to upgrade it to Rockbox a couple of times, but she doesn't want to play Snake or Doom or mpeg video on it's monochrome oled screen, and doesn't even want any audio enhancements beyond the built-in EQ presets. Probably better battery life without the Rockbox firmware, but still, an MP3 player that can't play snake seems lacking IMO.

I have an iRiver H10 with an old rockbox firmware installed. I think it has a mechanical hard drive. I made a custom theme for it - 3 custom fonts and all to look like the old default theme from Winamp. The audio fidelity is great, and it can play doom and some Gameboy ROMs and stuff. I used to use it with a headphone amplifier and some Koss Porta Pro's

... The internal drive is only 4.8GB - kinda pathetic by todays standards, but still over 1000 songs at standard bitrate. It also plays most tracked and video-game ripped formats. Battery life is still great - I think 7+ hrs per battery last time I clocked it. I have 2 extra batteries somewhere that I refresh every couple of years. Since I have never used it in recent memory, it's yours for cost of shipping from BC Canada if ya want it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage