ElkinFencer10's Big Boy Gaming Set-up

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
exonerator
16-bit

Re: ElkinFencer10's Big Boy Gaming Set-up

Post by exonerator »

I love your shelves, your room layout, and your ponies as well! Two big thumbs up from me. :D
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

exonerator wrote:I love your shelves, your room layout, and your ponies as well! Two big thumbs up from me. :D

Thanks man. :)

I've ordered an ass load of DVD cases and a crate of blank DS cases along with nearly 200 cover art prints (many of which I painstakingly and with almost zero Photoshop talent made today), so look forward to some shelf photo updates in a few weeks once I get that situated.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

This is the best setup I've seen here in a couple of years. So neat, compact, and well organized!

Love the Animal Crossing Amiibos too!!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Blu wrote:This is the best setup I've seen here in a couple of years. So neat, compact, and well organized!

Love the Animal Crossing Amiibos too!!

Wow, judging by the response this has gotten, I guess I just have a bit of an inferiority complex... Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I'm very proud of my collection, but I always figured it was just "meh" in the context of Racketboy.

I'm getting my new prints this evening, and my blank cases should be here next week. I'll have to get creative with shelving after putting my jewel case games on DVD cases, but I'll figure something out, I'm sure.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Okay, I got the last of my cases and prints today and finished moving my disc games into DVD cases and my TurboGrafx-16 and handheld games into 3DS cases (I actually meant to order DS cases, but the 3DS cases ended up working out almost as well aside from the covers being a tiny bit big, plus it saved me some space, so I'll take it).

I arrange my stuff by generation and console release order for the most part, so with Genesis for example, I have my Genesis games, then my Sega CD games, then my 32x games, then my CD32x games. You can also see my four new Sailor Moon games.

I put my 3DO games after my Jaguar games followed by my two NeoGeo CD games and my Saturn games.

After Saturn comes Playstation and then N64 (not pictured since nothing changed). Note my love for the campy af Army Men series.

Past N64 and before PS2, acting as an appropriate segue from 5th to 6th gen, are my Dreamcast games.

Somehow I managed to fit all of my handheld games plus TurboGrafx-16 on the same shelf I had been using for DS/3DS/PSP/Vita. I broke my typical order here a little bit by putting those Sony handhelds at the very end given the drastically different sized cases the PSP and Vita have from 3DS and DS.

(Crystal, Gold, and Silver have since been reversed; I was so excited to have it finished that I got careless in my alphabetizing this morning)

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

How do the TG16 games fit in the cases?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I just clip them in on the left side where one would normally put a manual. They fit nice and snug.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Good call. My PCE games might finally get cases!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

fastbilly1 wrote:Good call. My PCE games might finally get cases!

I took a little bit of work to find covers for them, and the covers I did find were 8 disc poly cases that I had to resize in GIMP, but that was like 30 seconds of work per cover. If you're planning to do that and need covers, I can resize what you need and send them to you provided that I have the cover for the game you need (I downloaded a whole bunch more than what I needed just in case).

laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Ahhhh noooo... Now I really want to case my games :( It all looks so nice cased like that but I bet it took quite a while to do it all. Not that I have that many to case (for now), but I would have to also go somewhere to print out the art bleh

What did you do for the old cases though? And the multi-disc games?