ElkinFencer10's Big Boy Gaming Set-up

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: ElkinFencer10's Big Boy Gaming Set-up

Post by Xeogred »

I cringed at the mini Little Pony things, I'm not a fan, but just imagine someone tripping or bumping into those shelves, nightmares... :lol:

Otherwise great stuff, simple, clean, organized, and effective. Are those black shelves the basic ones you can find at Walmart and such lately? I have a brown one that looks similar to the skinnier ones you have there. I could use another one or two.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I think so the smaller black shelves with the consoles looks like the exact one I have here by my computer I picked mine up at a Big Lots.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

The shelves are all from Walmart (I hate shopping there, but the Big Lots here never stocks anything except crappy recliners and kitchen tables). The rotating shelf eith my PS3/360/Wii games was a birthday present from my mom last month, so I'm not 100% sure where she got that (I want to say Amazon).

Yeah, MLP isn't for everyone. All I ever ask of people is that they not be douchebags about it. =P
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

You've got some nice consoles and a solid selection of games, good variety in generations available for immediate play. If I walked into your place and saw your setup and collection, I'd know you're the real deal. I'd also give you a wool duster as a memento of my visit.

I will never understand the MLP thing + grown men. But I am not judging you whatsoever. Because if it makes you happy, more power to you dude.

The only decorations I currently have framed up in my dork cave are:

http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/last_window-t2.jpg

https://secureimg2.allposters.com/IMAGES/DMS/MEP257.jpg

http://www.markrothko.org/wp-content/up ... Murals.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hitfix. ... wnload.jpg

They are all sizable posters, kinda hard to find big images of the first two online.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:You've got some nice consoles and a solid selection of games, good variety in generations available for immediate play. If I walked into your place and saw your setup and collection, I'd know you're the real deal. I'd also give you a wool duster as a memento of my visit.

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you (considering half of the games I have in the mail are because of your suggestions). Haha, I do need to dust, but I need to do a LOT of cleaning, too, so I'll probably just make a big Saturday of it one weekend.

I've got a number of posters up that I didn't show (and a Destiny poster that's coming down ASAP because screw that game) and several other framed drawings from students (most of which are ponies, but there is one boss drawing of a Zerg Hydralisk framed in my hallway).

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Its people like you that make me rethink UGCing all my games...

Well done sir. Nice setup, and love the swanky phone.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

fastbilly1 wrote:Its people like you that make me rethink UGCing all my games...

Well done sir. Nice setup, and love the swanky phone.

Well, I got landline whether I wanted one or not with my TV/Internet bundle, so I figured I might as well have a swanky phone to go with it.

Are you rethinking it as in "I should do that" or as in "That was stupid, why did I do it?" I mainly did it because I'm a super aesthetics whore about my collection and want everything displayed nicely. The downside, however, is when I get really obscure games that don't have covers on TheCoverProject (when I eventually add Custer's Revenge to my collection, that will be an issue since they tend to frown upon exceptionally offensive games...go figure).

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

As a I should do that. I bought a bunch of UGCs from another member here last year (I want to say Hobie), and many already had artwork for a bunch of N64 games luckily we have almost the exact same taste in games. I will get around to doing it after I figure out where/how to store the cases.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

fastbilly1 wrote:As a I should do that. I bought a bunch of UGCs from another member here last year (I want to say Hobie), and many already had artwork for a bunch of N64 games luckily we have almost the exact same taste in games. I will get around to doing it after I figure out where/how to store the cases.

Yeah, it definitely takes up a LOT of space (probably almost doubled the space took up on my shelf), but in terms of looking nice for a display, it definitely looks fantastic. If you decide to do it for your whole collection and can't find some art on TCP, let me know; I've got some downloaded that they don't have uploaded to their site unless you spend an hour scouring their forums (as well as a couple that I had to make myself, but since I have zero skill with GIMP, those are pretty shitty).

touchofkiel
32-bit

Post by touchofkiel »

I love the way that cute little PStwo is utterly dwarfed by the Sega Genesis-32x-CD monstrosity.
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.