Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 23.08.2014~

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 13.02.2014~

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

alienjesus wrote:
TheSegaSaturnGuy wrote: I have a Gameboy printer but no camera to go along with it!

Not too big an issue. The printer paper is a pain in the ass to get hold of now, so the printer is basically worthless.

Well luckily I have a local owned small business supply store and the old man gave me a few rolls of thermal paper happens to be just the right size so whenever an happen upon a camera I will be able to take some sweet grainy black and white pics
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

alienjesus wrote:
TheSegaSaturnGuy wrote: I have a Gameboy printer but no camera to go along with it!

Not too big an issue. The printer paper is a pain in the ass to get hold of now, so the printer is basically worthless.

I'd imagine finding thermal paper the right width isn't a problem. Now maybe it takes tiny rolls and you have to make those from a larger spool but that wouldn't be hard, just time consuming.
Broodstar
24-bit

Post by Broodstar »

TheSegaSaturnGuy wrote:Another great update man! I'm a GBA collector as well but I enjoy the GBC version of Grand Theft Auto better. I prefer GTA 2 on Dreamcast versus GTA 2 on PS1. I have a Gameboy printer but no camera to go along with it!

Thanks for the feedback.
I like the bird eye camera of the first two GTA games and the graphics aged well, i still have GTA 2 installed on my PC :) (and Heroes I, M&M 4, and other antic PC games from that era). I think I'm more into retro PC gaming because back in the old days we didn't had access to consoles in Romania, we played games on Sinclair ZX Spectrum clones.

Hobie-wan wrote:I'd imagine finding thermal paper the right width isn't a problem. Now maybe it takes tiny rolls and you have to make those from a larger spool but that wouldn't be hard, just time consuming.

Hmmm you are so right, how come i didn't think of it before. I searched on google and found that thermal paper is easy to be found and cheap (the smaller roles). It is used on cash registers.
I always thought that the paper will be a problem... So It's open season for game boy printers :D
I Am Fire And Life Incarnate.
My Game Boy collection
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Brood, could I ask you what type of paint you used to paint your GameBoys? I have a DS that is pretty ugly cosmetically and I want to paint it up nice. Thanks mate
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
Broodstar
24-bit

Post by Broodstar »

TheSegaSaturnGuy wrote:Brood, could I ask you what type of paint you used to paint your GameBoys? I have a DS that is pretty ugly cosmetically and I want to paint it up nice. Thanks mate

There are basically two methods:
1. You can clean your console, cover the areas you don't want to paint with masking tape and just give it an acrylic spray.
Examples of what you need:
and
At the end of the process you can use a varnish spray (lacquer), but it is not mandatory.

2. Or use the masking tape, and instead of acrylic spray us a basic spray (base coat spray) that is specially made for miniatures.
The thing with this spray is that you can paint with acrylics over it.
Use any acrylics and nail brushes to paint.
At the end of this process is mandatory to give it a varnish spray because the basic spray (base coat spray) is not durable by himself.
Examples of what you need:
and
and
and in the end:

Here are some general tips, you can google for more if you want:
http://miniatures.about.com/od/paintedfinishes/a/Tips-For-Using-Spray-Paint.htm

My advice, go with version one, just give it an acrylic spray and see how it is. Be sure to read the tips, they will make the difference between a nice looking product and an ugly one :)
If you look closely to my consoles you can see where the paint leaked, and those two consoles are not good examples of correct spray painting...
My Game Boy collection
Broodstar
24-bit

Re: Broodstar’s Game Boy Collection ~updated 16.03.2014~

Post by Broodstar »

New stuff added to the collection.
First, i'm proud to have my first SNES. Got it for the Super Game Boy adapter:
ImageImage
Second, i've bought a Sega portable console, it's pretty neat cause it has a memory card slot and it can play almost any Sega Genesis game:
Also very proud of my first light modded game boy, it's a Silver Game Boy Pocket (looks almost yellow/gold in the picture):
Also i've got this two games that are actually hacks:
ImageImage
And this one that has original games unofficially made and released by a Taiwanese company called Sachen (the customization is made by me):
Another bootleg:
And a couple of new original ones:
ImageImageImageImage
My Game Boy collection
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Brood,your updates are always top notch. Man that Super Gameboy cart is so yellow!

Broodstar
24-bit

Post by Broodstar »

TheSegaSaturnGuy wrote:Brood,your updates are always top notch. Man that Super Gameboy cart is so yellow!

I know the Super Gameboy is extremely yellow :))
When the seller sent me the picture of it, i searched the internet if there's an officially released golden or yellow Super Gameboy. (Even if i knew about the oxidation problem that some SNES hardware had).
Let me show you the picture from the seller:
See? Golden Super Gameboy :))
My Game Boy collection
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Broodstar wrote:
TheSegaSaturnGuy wrote:Brood,your updates are always top notch. Man that Super Gameboy cart is so yellow!

See? Golden Super Gameboy :))

It must be super ultra rare then :lol: :lol:

FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Broodstar wrote:Second, i've bought a Sega portable console, it's pretty neat cause it has a memory card slot and it can play almost any Sega Genesis game:

My wife actually bought that for me as a birthday present. The first thing I did was order a SD card and load it up with every Genesis game known to man. For the price, it's a decent little handheld for some quick and dirty dedicated Genesis gaming. The only annoyance about it is the inability to save.

BTW, if you're interested and have the time to do it. You can actually edit the images displayed for when you add ROMs to the SD card. I did it for a few and added the covers of the games. It makes it look really nice and professional when looking through your games on the device.

http://gopherscreen.narod.ru/eng/about.html
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.