RetroArch... and grabbing the mouse for games!

Emu Talk Goes Here
8TrackMind

RetroArch... and grabbing the mouse for games!

Post by 8TrackMind »

I haven't had much luck with this. It seems to me that everything is set up in RetroArch to have the mouse work, but still in light gun games like Lethal Enforcer it refuses to see it.
8TrackMind
End Boss at The Dot Eaters: Video Game History 101
Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Producer of the Nerdstalking Podcast
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: RetroArch... and grabbing the mouse for games!

Post by Anapan »

Retroarch will fix it eventually, but these problems have been there since the beginning. The mouse/touchscreen/lightgun routines are not tweaked for any specific hardware and require a lot of work.
Robert Broglia has been continually tweaking the touchscreen input in his emulator cores for years and they have worked on most of my phones. It seems he's got it going well for NES and SNES: NES.EMU and Snes9xEXPlus.
The main two PS1 emulators have also perfected accurate touch screen light gun emulation. My brother makes me set up Elemental Gearbolt on his android phone every time he gets a new one. Great Game.
I openly dislike the Retroarch interface (this is systematic, and easily dealt with). I also have a strong dislike for one of the main developers of it.
Google it a bit if you want to know why.

Buy or down/sideload the working emulators for the systems you need.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
8TrackMind

Post by 8TrackMind »

Anapan wrote:Retroarch will fix it eventually, but these problems have been there since the beginning. The mouse/touchscreen/lightgun routines are not tweaked for any specific hardware and require a lot of work.
Robert Broglia has been continually tweaking the touchscreen input in his emulator cores for years and they have worked on most of my phones. It seems he's got it going well for NES and SNES: NES.EMU and Snes9xEXPlus.
The main two PS1 emulators have also perfected accurate touch screen light gun emulation. My brother makes me set up Elemental Gearbolt on his android phone every time he gets a new one. Great Game.
I openly dislike the Retroarch interface (this is systematic, and easily dealt with). I also have a strong dislike for one of the main developers of it.
Google it a bit if you want to know why.

Buy or down/sideload the working emulators for the systems you need.

Thanks for the response. I guess my real problem is that I create on a Mac so my pool of emulators is severely limited.
8TrackMind
End Boss at The Dot Eaters: Video Game History 101
Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Producer of the Nerdstalking Podcast
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Works great for DS games. Wonder why they can't get it to work on light gun stuff.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.