Xbox One

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox One

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:the first backwards compatible additions of 2018 hit this week...

Driver: San Francisco
Far Cry 2
Sniper Elite V2

...nothing I'm especially excited about, but glad to see they're back in the swing of updates.

Driver: San Fran was pretty fun when it came out, not sure how that one held up though.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

^ Probably just making some filler for future Games with Gold and Game Pass selections.

Speaking of which - anyone using Game Pass? If so, are you getting your monthly payment worth of value out of it?
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Omerta wrote:^ Probably just making some filler for future Games with Gold and Game Pass selections.

Speaking of which - anyone using Game Pass? If so, are you getting your monthly payment worth of value out of it?

I have a trial (I forget if it's a month or two weeks) of that that I have zero intention of using if you want it.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I keep looking at the lineup for Game Pass because Microsoft offers two weeks free and I’ve yet to feel like I’ll get my no money’s worth. Honestly just the hassle of having to cancel auto-renewal isn’t worth it when I look at the lineup. It seems like 75% of the games in there are ones that have been free with gold in the past, and since I’ve been a subscriber for the majority of the last 5 years that means there’s very little that’s new.

The one game I see in there that mighr make me deal with the hassle is ReCore. I had really high hopes for that game then it got lousy reviews so I didn’t want to spend money on it. For free I could see if maybe it’s better than they say. There are also a few indie games that I’m sure would be fun to try.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ReCore is a great example of a game with great potential that was ruined by awful execution.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:ReCore is a great example of a game with great potential that was ruined by awful execution.

It's that Comcept polish!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well here's an interesting announcement regarding Game Pass:

Moving forward, we plan to release all new Xbox One exclusive games from Microsoft Studios into Xbox Game Pass on the same date as their global release. This means that when Sea of Thieves launches on March 20, it will be included in Xbox Game Pass to all members.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/23/ ... s-expands/
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:well here's an interesting announcement regarding Game Pass:

Moving forward, we plan to release all new Xbox One exclusive games from Microsoft Studios into Xbox Game Pass on the same date as their global release. This means that when Sea of Thieves launches on March 20, it will be included in Xbox Game Pass to all members.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/23/ ... s-expands/

Yes this is big news. I was already contemplating getting Sea of Thieves, but paying $20 to play it for 2 months sounds better than full price.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Yeah I’m casually interested in Sea if Thieves but my wife really wants to play it. She doesn’t tend to stick with a game for more than a month or so so game pass seems like a good deal for me now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

oh snap, Prey (2006) is now backwards compatible!