Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Post by Stark »

Bed of Chaos ... What a BS boss.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Stark wrote:Bed of Chaos ... What a BS boss.

How many times have you fallen to your doom?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Bed of Chaos was the only part of the game I felt was truly badly designed. It's the only time I got angry and I was blaming the game and not myself.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:
Stark wrote:Bed of Chaos ... What a BS boss.

How many times have you fallen to your doom?

Too many. :P

I think I'm up to 6.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Ugh, Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough may well force me to summon Solaire or something, but then I think I have clear out that hall first... at best it feel like lucking out on positioning/move use to get them to line up in a way that works for looping around the room.

Backtracking to flesh out my Pyromancy and upgrade the flame further (didn't make a point to take it too far when I was near someone that could). May also help with the black eye orb fight there.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

With O&S, the key is to get them separated from one another. If you're willing to let the fight go on a bit and don't rush it. Obviously if you summon Solaire, he does that for you by occupying one of their attention. Best if you take out Oreos first too in my opinion, lightning Smores is easier than giant Oreos.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Yeah, I think part of it is me not being particularly good at gauging when I can get a hit in, or not being good at making them path in a way that lets me. Which is why I'm trying to find ways to reduce how many clean hits I have to get in, and increase the distance I can do that from. :lol:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Stark wrote:With O&S, the key is to get them separated from one another.

Did you fight the Maneaters in Demon's Souls? That fight was amazing.

"Wow! This boss is pretty tough!"

<Dies>

"OK...I think I can handle him if I keep moving...He's fast, but his health is going down. I don't think he'll give me too much trouble...Oh, sh*t! There are two of them now...How am I going to...

<Dies many, many times>
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I think I spawned the second one the first time, then I ultra cheesed it with arrows through the fog on the second attempt.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Stark wrote:With O&S, the key is to get them separated from one another.

Did you fight the Maneaters in Demon's Souls? That fight was amazing.

"Wow! This boss is pretty tough!"

<Dies>

"OK...I think I can handle him if I keep moving...He's fast, but his health is going down. I don't think he'll give me too much trouble...Oh, sh*t! There are two of them now...How am I going to...

<Dies many, many times>

That's my next quest, play and beat DeS. I played it when it came out, but all I remember is the hub world and being super frustrated. Can't wait to tackle it now that I'm into the series!