Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls Hype Thread of Preparing To Die!

Post by Stark »

Got 'em (The Four Kings)! I really didn't want to move on without beating these guys, so I thought I would just buckle up and try a few different tactics. Here's what I went through:

- Grass crest shield\Silver Knight Armor\Furysword
- Dragon Crest shield\Silver Knight Armor\Furysword
- Crest shield\Silver Knight Armor\Furysword
- Dragon Crest shield\Silver Knight Armor\Lightning Spear
and what finally got it:
- Crest shield\Havel's Armor\Furysword

Any way, happy to be moving on, that was probably 15 deaths, but luckily I figured out a quick way to run there. On to Duke's Archives and Crystal Caves.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Havel's Armor is amazing in DS1. That was back when Poise was absurdly overpowered.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

MrPopo wrote:Havel's Armor is amazing in DS1. That was back when Poise was absurdly overpowered.

Yeah, exactly, I just ended up poising through all their attacks and also healing through their attacks when necessary. This time they each died before the other spawned and I only got picked up once and bear hugged. I just thought, well I'm not really rolling through a lot of these attacks anyway ... I might as well poise up.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

You guys are lame. :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Xeogred wrote:You guys are lame. :lol:

I was Havels + Iron Skin back at release. The boss consisted of mashing R1 with the occasional Square to heal.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Xeogred wrote:You guys are lame. :lol:

:lol:

Well I'm using something in the game, that I found by myself, that I found behind an invisible wall (which wasn't messaged to me, because no one is playing this game right now), surrounded by Silver Knights ... :shrug:
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Duke's Archives, what a whacky place. :lol: Channeler doing his crazy dance, crystal dudes everywhere. Died a couple times just trying to clear out that first area. Then, I get up the stairs and enter a fog door thinking, man this can't be a boss yet, no bigs. Oh, it is a boss. He two-shot me. :( 20k souls. Wake up at a new bonfire and all the doors are locked! Took me a while to figure that out, I don't want to say how many times I sat at that bonfire and tried killing those 3 crystal guys. Got out of there and got a cutscene with some freaky Cthulu types. Ok. Some snakemen run by me without agro-ing and go up a ladder. Oook? Then those Cthulu dudes are after me, crap, better run! Go up the ladder and find those snakemen coming back down and they start kicking me. Crap, down I go. 6 Cthulus down there but I do my best and get impaled by one. Haha, Dark Souls, so goofy.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Dark Souls, goofy?

You haven't even seen the next level yet. :twisted:
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I'm on Seath. I was doing well the first time in there, even though a evil clam followed me in. But man those constant AoE crystals and then the tail pounding he does when he is low health is a real bummer. :lol: Got him down to er ... maybe 1/5th health. Maybe next time!
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Got Seath beat, went down on my 3rd try. Cool boss fight and cool boss design. I like the big bosses and getting up in there and hackin' away. :lol:

I'm on to Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith next! First impression? Dead by fire crab thing.