by Raging Justice Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:51 am

Some games that have come out or are coming out this year:

The Last of Us Part I
Metal: Hellsinger
Bright Memory Infinite
Soulstice
Valkyrie Elysium
Ghostwire Tokyo

Who knows? Maybe we'll actually get to a point where gaming websites don't have to lie to their readers by mentioning tons of "exclusive" PS 5 games that are all available on PS 4. Wouldn't that be something?
marurun

Re: Seems like the PS 5 is finally getting some more exclusi

by marurun Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:12 am

Raging Justice wrote:Who knows? Maybe we'll actually get to a point where gaming websites don't have to lie to their readers by mentioning tons of "exclusive" PS 5 games that are all available on PS 4. Wouldn't that be something?

I think there's an unspoken "generation exclusives" element, here.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:31 am

My dudes.... aren't these games on Steam? Or does "exclusive" here mean "on PS5 and not PS4"??
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:41 pm

All but Last of Us, for obvious reasons.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

by Ack Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:11 pm

Yeah, but the filthy console peasants often don't want to be reminded of the glorious PC gaming of the heavens.
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:08 am

Yeah, it is getting harder to justify having a console if you already own a decent PC to game on. I would say the Switch still warrants a buy, for the games on it, and some of the functionality (pick up and go, etc.) but I don't see the reason to buy an Xbox at all if you have a PC, and the PS5 is losing any actual exclusives to PC as well.
marurun

by marurun Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:33 am

Rydon wrote:Yeah, it is getting harder to justify having a console if you already own a decent PC to game on. I would say the Switch still warrants a buy, for the games on it, and some of the functionality (pick up and go, etc.) but I don't see the reason to buy an Xbox at all if you have a PC, and the PS5 is losing any actual exclusives to PC as well.

Key point: IF you have a decent PC. But a decent PC that can rival the graphical output of a PS5/XBsX is going to cost at least double the console price, and that's not including a monitor (most people don't hook a PC up to their TV.) Also consider that more and more households have laptops these days instead of desktops for their computing needs and you've got a situation where sure, maybe a lot of folks on here would do just as fine with a PC, but a majority of console buyers would not.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:07 am

Sony maintains some exclusive studios, though not to the same extent that Nintendo does. Microsoft has fully embraced everything coming on PC and Xbox.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:05 pm

marurun wrote:Key point: IF you have a decent PC. But a decent PC that can rival the graphical output of a PS5/XBsX is going to cost at least double the console price, and that's not including a monitor (most people don't hook a PC up to their TV.) Also consider that more and more households have laptops these days instead of desktops for their computing needs and you've got a situation where sure, maybe a lot of folks on here would do just as fine with a PC, but a majority of console buyers would not.

I believe the vast majority of any buyer would do just fine with a PC, as you put it. They just either don't want to spend the money, or have not gone down the road of PC gaming, and don't know where to start, or something. But the PC gaming market is huge, and covers 80-90% of games out now. That is my main point, that most consumers would be covered with just getting a PC gaming rig these days. Back 10-20 years ago, there were a lot of games that we not available on PC, but now it is day one PC + Console, and with Sony moving most of their titles over to PC as well, it really doesn't help justifying spending money on one of their consoles.
This is irregardless of cost of equipment, etc. which for a PC is variable with different card cost, specs needed for specific games, etc. I understand that console gaming is simpler in that you just buy the game, and play it with little to no settings/configurations needed (although again, PS4/5 and Xbox consoles now have a lot more options and settings you have to worry about), but the fact is that PC covers so much of the gaming industry output these days, that if you were to actually look at the landscape to decide what to buy, it is hard to go to a console vs. PC.
Return to Sony and Microsoft