Old Racketboy Mod chips - are they still in demand at all?

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
indecks
Next-Gen

Old Racketboy Mod chips - are they still in demand at all?

Post by indecks »

I just recently put a Phoebe in my Saturn (today, in fact) and I've got one of the old Racketboy mod chips that I no longer need. I know there's the Phantom now, and this one is essentially obsolete with MODE/Phoebe/Fenrir/Satiator(LOLOL), but I dunno if there are any people like me who didn't want to upgrade.

I wasn't into it until a friend sold me his Phoebe with a full card for cost, I figured why not.

edit: BTW this is not a for-sale thread, I know there's a section for that. I'm just wanting info on whether or not these Racketboy chips are 'r4r3' or whatever.
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Old Racketboy Mod chips - are they still in demand at al

Post by stickem »

I would say it's easier to just use the modded carts that have room for saves and be done with it. Never could get my racketboy mod chip to work on my model 1 back in the day.
indecks
Next-Gen

Re: Old Racketboy Mod chips - are they still in demand at al

Post by indecks »

stickem wrote:I would say it's easier to just use the modded carts that have room for saves and be done with it. Never could get my racketboy mod chip to work on my model 1 back in the day.

I seem to remember Model 1s having some issues with the OG modchips, as well as some of the Model 2s with the PC Trap board in em. Back when I was wheelin' and deelin' modded Saturns (like 4 for my friends lol), we'd go to the gameshop where I knew a guy that would let us open up each one to make sure it wasnt a PC Trap Saturn.