How many of you actually back up SysNAND?

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

How many of you actually back up SysNAND?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Trying to decide if it's worth buying a 64GB sd card to back up a Wii U NAND. I have like 8 32GB cards kicking around already. Duno if i wana buy yet another just to back up something i'll likely never use.

I have many OGWii and 3/2DS NANDs sitting on my NAS from modding consoles over the years. Not once have i ever used or needed them.

Obviously its a very good idea.. but im thinking i might skip it this time. I don't plan on doing cold boot so i think i'll be OK (which probably means i wont be and i'll brick my console on day 3 lol).
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
ArugulaZ

Re: How many of you actually back up SysNAND?

Post by ArugulaZ »

The only back up I want to do with my Wii U involves a large truck and the system placed strategically under its tires. I was disappointed with the console, to say the very least.

But eh, I'm not sure I would back up the Wii U even if I didn't want to hurl it into space. If you're hacking it for homebrew it may not be such a bad idea, but otherwise it just seems like a waste of a high capacity SD card.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Heh.. The WiiU is better than any console you've released to the world :P

A hacked one is a WiiU, HDMI Wii, and HDMI Gamecube. Pretty neato *shrugs*

After you back up your NAND to SD you transfer it to anything you want. Doesn't stay on the card (unless you want it to for some reason)
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Yeah, I'm not convinced on the real need for backup too. I'm theory it could save you headaches, but I don't mess with the Wii U far enough to mess it up much. Haxchi is the only method I need to use for my purposes.

Otherwise, Wii U's make great kid systems. It's got a lot of Mario and Party games; and more Zelda than you can shake a deku stick at.
Bought a couple and dedicated them for my nephews to use when over. Seems to be a hit. Plus, no discs for them to destroy when I can just back them up to USB.
...just another lost soul...