Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
hailrazer
32-bit

Re: Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Post by hailrazer »

TheWes wrote:Hello, can someone help me out? I am trying to do the battery mod, and I cannot get the battery charger apart. I have pryed and pryed, but it will not come apart. I believe I have broken it.

The new battery charger ?

You have to peel off the sticker and there are two screw underneath it.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance
TheWes

Post by TheWes »

I appreciate it....Soon after I posted, I discovered the infernal screws....Thanks again!
TheWes

Post by TheWes »

Hey, I finished the battery mod and it turned out great! I will post some pics sometime.

I was wondering how much different it is to modify the non-rechargeable battery pack. I don't have one, but I was looking at a picture of the inside, and I didn't see anywhere to solder the wires from the new battery.

Wes
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

TheWes wrote:Hey, I finished the battery mod and it turned out great! I will post some pics sometime.

I was wondering how much different it is to modify the non-rechargeable battery pack. I don't have one, but I was looking at a picture of the inside, and I didn't see anywhere to solder the wires from the new battery.

Wes

Are you talking about the 6 - AA battery pack. If so, you have to take out all of the spring/coiled wires on the left. Then take out all but the bottom two on the right. You attach positive and negative there to them. Those bottom two spring/coiled wires on the right attach to the pins on the underneath of the battery pack that connect to the Nomad.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance
TheWes

Post by TheWes »

Thanks Hailrazer! I am modding another one for a Christmas present for someone, and I had found a 6 AA battery pack for cheaper than the rechargeable. Thanks for all your help!
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

TheWes wrote:Thanks Hailrazer! I am modding another one for a Christmas present for someone, and I had found a 6 AA battery pack for cheaper than the rechargeable. Thanks for all your help!

Be aware that it takes a bit more to make the new battery fit in there. I had to remove the cells from the new battery. It wouldn't fit with the casing.
My Portable Systems:
hard_gb

LCD Nomad

Post by hard_gb »

Hi, I am Brazilian, I sorry my english.

Can I use any of these two LCD.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.49796

and that other

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39045

Thanks
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

Yes sir , they should work just fine.
My Portable Systems:
TheWes

Post by TheWes »

Ok, is it safe to remove the cells from the battery? If so, how do you go about doing it?
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

TheWes wrote:Ok, is it safe to remove the cells from the battery? If so, how do you go about doing it?

Yes its safe. You just split apart the battery case where the two halves meet. Just lightly pry it open with a small flat head screwdriver.
My Portable Systems: