Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Ziggy587

Re: My last N64 commission, quite likely

by Ziggy587 Fri May 28, 2021 10:18 am

bacteria wrote:Got the console board wired up and tested however it was dead, which was rather annoying. I had forgotten how long and intense in time making a system is and i'm not sure if I can be bothered any more so certainly for the time being I have decided not to persue this project.

Nooooooo! I was looking forward to tracking your progress on this! :lol:

Maybe give it a few days? I know sometimes when I hit a road block on a project, I have to just put it out of my mind for a while then come back to it.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
bacteria
Next-Gen

by bacteria Fri May 28, 2021 11:15 am

Kind words guys, thanks indeed.

I did a couple of mods many years ago for a couple of guys here as I recall, am I right in my thoughts I did something for you, was it a wi-fi game controller Anapan - if so (my memory might be wrong), is it still working ok?

Thing is that portabalizing is a labour of love primarily, it's what separates a hobby from being a job. When you start in a company in a new job you're enthusiastic and wanting to make your mark, when your job sucks and it becomes that you don't want to go back to work each day, you quit and do something else. Kinda what i'm saying here with modding.

I used to upload loads of videos to YouTube; I even made a retropie system a few months back for myself but not only didn't have the interest to upload a video but even to post it; or actually to even use it now it's made!

I decided to do this one last system as I had all the parts I needed and got tempted to use them rather than let them gather dust however had forgotten the time-pit portabalizing is and the potential arguments with late night modding sessions with the wife... priorities change, lol
I am the Bacman
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri May 28, 2021 12:29 pm

Well either way, glad to see you back on the forums here and I hope you stick around (modding or no modding).
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sun May 30, 2021 3:38 pm

Yeah, the PS1 controller turned Bluetooth controller in glitter black still works perfectly (tho not in windows as we found out - there's a delay there). It has an incredible battery life off a single AA battery.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:25 am

Nice seeing you man.

bacteria wrote:Nintendo didn't incorporate fans as after all who would use a console for 9 hours straight?

:shock: ... 13 year old me with Ocarina of Time during summer break says hi :lol:

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Return to Hacks and Mods