The Top 25 Seller/Buyer/Trader as of July 4, 2020

Post Your Goods (and possibly trade wishlists) here
jp1
Next-Gen

Re: The Top 25 Seller/Buyer/Trader as of 8-18-10

Post by jp1 »

No, not that often. That's why I said I was mostly joking. Also it isn't just the fact that the members are new that I was referring to it is more the attitude of said members. I can remember a couple of instances where the member was being a complete ass and it tends to feel like you give them a little more leeway than you do with the rest of us. For instance in that last thread the tone of it felt a little more like we had all run in and ruined his thread with little provocation. I suppose it is your efforts to make the members still feel welcome that makes it feel that way.

Anyway, I still think you do a great job. I don't always agree with your decisions but I can always see them from your point of view. I wasn't trying to knock you as a mod or anything. I guess we need some balance from someone with those kind of views around here to keep things running smooth. Not to mention all the other contributions you make around here.
dgamemuster
128-bit

Post by dgamemuster »

jp1 wrote:I've also done business with many of the members on the top list and while there are certainly some differences between them they were all honest and trustworthy people. You don't get a high number of positive feedback by screwing people over that is the whole purpose of the system. I would be more likely to buy from an ebay seller with 1000 feedback at 100% than one with 10 feedback at 100% and there isn't anything wrong with that, they have earned it.

I wouldn't get upset if you and I had the same item for sale and someone chose to purchase from you because of your higher feedback rating. It makes sense.

I know I'm not on the Top 25 list but I agree with this completely! It's like an Ebay power Seller rating. I rather buy something from a power seller with high service than a noob. IMO.
Flake

Post by Flake »

I understand both points of view: You don't want to muscle out the little guys on the site but you also want to provide an incentive for sellers to be extra fair and conscientious.

But I don't think that any bad could come out of making the top 25 (information already available if one looks hard enough) easily accessible.

For example, I've had unsuccessful transactions with two of the 25 members listed. In both cases everything was resolved professionally, quickly, and with no hard feelings. A potentially bad experience was mitigated because the sellers were simply better than average. With a system of recognition these sellers will be motivated to keep up this type of professionalism and buyers will feel safer taking a chance with them.

But if it's decided not to keep the top 25 available, that won't be too bad either. The system has worked pretty well as is.

Edit: I can also understand there might be some problems with the site expressing any implicit endorsement of specific members since the B/S/T is more of an informal service. So if that's the issue, that makes sense as well.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Ngamer
16-bit

Post by Ngamer »

Though I never bought anything from this site yet I think a Top 25 system is a good idea for the B/S/T. I vote for getting this Stick! I feel much safer buying that way from a very well known seller in the near future. :mrgreen:
NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER!
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

Flake wrote:Edit: I can also understand there might be some problems with the site expressing any implicit endorsement of specific members since the B/S/T is more of an informal service. So if that's the issue, that makes sense as well.

That makes sense. I hadn't considered that.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: The Top 25 Seller/Buyer/Trader as of 9-21-10

Post by sevin0seven »

updated as well. Thanks again to Dylan. 8)
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Hanging on by a thread.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Wooooo,thanks everybody for the feedback!

...but can ya change the capital "H" to a lower case one...purdee please? :oops:
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

hashiriya1 wrote:..but can ya change the capital "H" to a lower case one...purdee please? :oops:

fixed. :wink:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

sweet!