Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
catnip
128-bit

WTB: Blinking Light Win

by catnip Tue May 02, 2023 12:24 pm

Hey y'all, been a while! Hope everything's groovy!

I'm looking for a Blinking Light Win, hopefully for less than the current ones up on eBay ($225ish). Didn't really know where to look, but if anyone's willing to part with one in the $100 range (over 3x original retail!), I'd be willing to pay.

Thanks!
Final Fantasy IX is the best one
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: WTB: Blinking Light Win

by Anapan Wed May 03, 2023 7:15 am

I have a new one I intend to put into an ultimate every-mod-ever Toaster NES, but I don't think the mint-looking Nintendo I bought to do all the mods on really needs it.
I'm out of town working right now - 1-2 weeks, but I'll get back to you about it when I see if it's at all necessary. I wouldn't charge $100 USD even knowing what those scalpers are charging.
Meanwhile; A few years ago my brother was complaining about his NES was crapping out a lot and that some games weren't working at all. I cleaned some of the games contacts and used a NES 1-up card but those things didn't fully fix the problem. I remembered reading that boiling the metal for the connector can fix it and suggested he try it as I was out of solutions. It totally worked - like the heat un-warped the connector's fatigued metal or re-annealed the spring-steel or something and it has worked perfectly every time since.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
catnip
128-bit

by catnip Wed May 03, 2023 10:39 am

Wow, that'd be mighty kind of you! Feel free to email me when you get back home either way - happy to work something out if you decide to part with it.

In the meantime, I'll mention boiling the metal for the connector to my buddy - the BLW is actually a birthday gift for his NES lol. I just moved back home after a long time away, we're trying to hang out and grind some Mario speedruns like the good old days :twisted:

Cheers, hope the work trip goes smoothly!!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed May 03, 2023 11:04 am

I haven't seen that avatar in many years. Welcome back!
marurun

by marurun Wed May 03, 2023 11:11 am

Are there any alternatives for Blinking Light Win these days? They seem to always be sold out on the web site. How do people deal with aging NESes?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
catnip
128-bit

by catnip Wed May 03, 2023 5:37 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:I haven't seen that avatar in many years. Welcome back!

Thanks so much! Good to be back, I'm sure I'll be lurking the Off Topic boards once more >:)

marurun wrote:Are there any alternatives for Blinking Light Win these days? They seem to always be sold out on the web site. How do people deal with aging NESes?

My friend (who turned me on to this forum way back when, actually) said that there are some good 72pin replacements these days. If I'm not able to get a BLW, i'm gonna follow up with him and see if there's a specific manufacturer he was talking about.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Wed May 03, 2023 8:48 pm

marurun wrote:Are there any alternatives for Blinking Light Win these days? They seem to always be sold out on the web site. How do people deal with aging NESes?

I got a cheap, no-name replacement 72-pin connector for my "daily driver" NES about twelve years ago. It was one of the gold ones on ebay around the time. It has worked just fine ever since. I frequently have to clean carts before I insert them, but that's not unexpected.

It's one of the replacements where you insert the cart, but don't push it down.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Thu May 04, 2023 1:04 am

Dang... So I bought one of these in 2020 new for 41 bucks shipped from Arcade Works and thought it was a tad pricey then :lol: WTH is happening out there ...

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
catnip
128-bit

by catnip Thu May 04, 2023 2:54 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:Dang... So I bought one of these in 2020 new for 41 bucks shipped from Arcade Works and thought it was a tad pricey then :lol: WTH is happening out there ...

They're not making 'em anymore, so scarcity is driving the price up up up! It sucks lol. I shoulda bought one way back then!!
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed May 31, 2023 2:25 am

I completely forgot about this till just now! Didn't check anything, but I'll sell it for $45 USD + shipping because I left you hanging.
I'll PM You.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade