Wii U 2021 System Update

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy

Re: Wii U 2021 System Update

Post by Ziggy »

Gucci wrote:Do you have a pro controller? The battery life on those are legendary!

Yep, it might have been what I used the most for games that didn't use Gamepad features. Not only does the battery last a long time, but it has a really good shelf life too! If I hadn't use the Pro controller for weeks or months, I could rely on it still having a charge. Unlike PS3 and PS4 controllers, which die whether I use them or not.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ziggy587 wrote:I also got a backup Wii U from Nintendo, a refurbished one. I have the extended battery pack for my Gamepad. Honestly, I was fine with the stock battery until Mario Maker came out. That's the only game that really REQUIRED me to have more battery life in the Gamepad.

Any advice on a 3rd party gamepad battery?
My original battery only lasts about an hour per charge so it's time to replace it and Amazon reviews are driving me crazy every other. one is either "the best thing ever" or "lasted only 2 charges". I just got off the phone with Nintendo Customer Support hoping they still had some in stock even though it's not listed on the webpage... but no luck.

So, I would rather ask for advice from people with personal experience, so has anyone had any luck with a 3rd party battery since there are no official ones for sale?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

There's plenty of "original OEM" batteries on eBay, but I often wonder if they're just really well made counterfeits or the real deal. I've purchased a counterfeited cell phone battery once, it looked nearly identical to the real one.

But sorry, I don't have any experience with 3rd party ones. And unfortunately those reviews are about how it goes. They can be either perfectly fine, or suck hard.