Storing Game Boy games in a three-ring binder

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
opa
128-bit

Re: Storing Game Boy games in a three-ring binder

Post by opa »

Nemoide wrote:For Gameboy Advance games, Unikeep made a pretty great storage case within the past year.

It's not perfect. The aesthetic on the outside is ugly and games can pop out of the foam insert a little too easily for some folks. Some folks on Amazon report getting a case without the foam insert, but that might be a problem from a third party seller. But other than that, it's pretty great to have a way to FINALLY store a bunch of GBA games on a shelf.

Looks like you could make something similar yourself with that black storage foam.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

o.pwuaioc wrote:And I've been using those boxes for years. They're great, and everything fits nicely (so long as you have that 13th on the side).

Is it tight on the cart you put in sideways or is it still loose enough to not hurt the cart?
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

opa wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:And I've been using those boxes for years. They're great, and everything fits nicely (so long as you have that 13th on the side).

Is it tight on the cart you put in sideways or is it still loose enough to not hurt the cart?

Not that tight. Although snug, it can still slide and there's no pressure on it.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Thanks for the info.

I went through my old card folders and found some spare sheets and now I've got my GB/C games in a binder. Flipping through pages of games is kinda neat and aesthetically pleasing. However, I can tell that the thin plastic definitely won't hold up if you regularly take games out. Another problem: Pokemon Pinball. I didn't bother attempting to put it in the binder. It'd probably break the sheet instantly. Those boxes are cheap enough to try a couple for other games and those that aren't gonna fit.