New Pokémon Snap Announced!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy

New Pokémon Snap Announced!

Post by Ziggy »

I just saw it on the Switch news feed. Anyone excited for this?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/n ... ap-switch/

Is anyone a fan of the N64 original? It is just such a fun and relaxing game, I'm glad it's getting a sequel. What a unique concept, an on-rails shooter where you photograph things instead of killing and blowing things up.

I'm just wondering what Pokemon will be in it. Personally, I'm really only interested in the original 151. Everything after that just seems dumb to me and I have no interest in them. I know that New Pokemon Snap will probably include more recent Pokemon. But you know what would be cool? If there was an option to have only the original 151.

I see Nintendo is still liking this "new" naming scheme. :lol:
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: New Pokémon Snap Announced!

Post by Michi »

I was so happy when I saw the trailer for this. Pokemon Snap holds a special place in my increasingly cynical little heart, even after I replayed it last year. It's was just such a chill experience compared to most everything else that I was interested in on the system when it came out. It was probably one of my favorite N64 games. I've been hoping for a newer, updated version for a while and it looks like Nintendo finally delivered.

Like Ziggy, I'm more focused on the 151 original Pokemon, but it'll be interesting to see how many different Pokemon they fit into it. And with how gaming is now, the ability to continually add 'mon via DLC means they could keep adding to the roster for quite a while.