Game Boy/Game Boy Color - what are you playing right now?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Game Boy/Game Boy Color - what are you playing right now

Post by noiseredux »

counter-point: RE Gaiden is awesome.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Metal Walker, that's a game I regret not buying brand new for $5 at Toys R Us. I hope I find a decent deal on it sometime, as I would like to have all black-cart games someday. (I guess it's not too pricey, but would like to find a nicer cart).

Haven't even played my copy of RE Gaiden (this is complete, unlike Shantae).
My gaming habits really never caught up with my spending/collecting.

See, and I did play through Mega Man Xtreme back then. For actual usage, that WAS the better buy for me.
...just another lost soul...
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I got an OG GB for Christmas of 1990. Still have it, still works. GB/GBC/GBA all look so great in emulation. The backlighting, controller use, & especially GBC/GBA colors popping are amazing. I've been wanting to get more into them again. Specifically on GB/GBC here...

Speaking of Bomberman spinoffs, Wario Blast was probably my most played game as a kid. Amazing mindless road trip fun. For those unfamiliar this essentially a Wario vs Bomberman game with traditional BM gameplay with powerups. Password saves present to continue progress. You guys play this one?

Two of my other kiddo favorites were Super Mario Land & TMNT Fall of the Footclan. I've beat both those. How are the other 2 TMNT GB titles?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Jagosaurus wrote: How are the other 2 TMNT GB titles?

Good... but not as good. Or maybe I just have more nostalgia for FOTF.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

The Gameboy Bomberman games have a strange, convoluted history. One was localized with an entirely different name (e.g., Atomic Punk = Bomber Boy) and another was tied to the Blaster Master series (e.g., Blaster Master Jr. = Bomber King: Scenario 2). Wario Blast is just a slightly re-skinned version of Bomberman GB. Bomberman GB 2 was released outside Japan as just “Bomberman GB”, and Bomberman GB 3 never made it outside Japan at all. Pocket Bomberman did, however, along with Bomberman Quest and Bomberman Max, which had two variants: Blue Champion and Red Challenger.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Got to stop at a game store today and pick up a couple of titles.

Shadowgate Classic: I've beaten the n64 game but never really sat down to play the original point-n-click adventure. Looking forward to it.

Cosmo Tank: whilst sifting through twenty copies of Mary Kate and Ashley games I see an Atlus logo pop out on some label art. I took a chance on this and I am pleasantly surprised. A tank game that turns into a first person dungeon crawler and then goes into a shmup stage when you change planets. Why the heck haven't I heard of this before?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I got a shipment from Japan today! All GB games:

Asmik-kun World 2 - no Japanese language skills requires, but I still have no idea what’s going on in this one...will have to read a bit to figure out how to play it.

Bomberman GB 3 - great label; classic Bomberman action

Kunio-kun Nekketsu Koshinyok... - it’s “crash ‘n the boys” for the Gameboy, basically.

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 2 - gonna need to apply a translation patch to this one. Looks super cool, though

Trade ‘n Battle Card Hero - ditto

Tower of Druaga - Its monochrome Tower of Druaga. It’s also, oddly, entirely in English.

Gameboy collecting is so much fun!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

It definitely is. Great haul.

Shadowgate is killer, too.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Tower of Druaga - Its monochrome Tower of Druaga. It’s also, oddly, entirely in English.

Perhaps the one positive thing we can say about that game.

Really though, I bet that's just a layover from the arcade original. Pretty common for games of that era to be entirely in English, regardless of region.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

:lol:

I think about running the Druaga series from time to time. Then, I get about five floors into the Tower of Druaga, and I’m like, “Nope.”