NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy587

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:29 am

Nemoide wrote:I've been holding off on getting a Switch because of the rumored "Switch Pro" - since this is as close as we're getting to that for now, I'll be getting one! I see myself playing it handheld more than anything else anyway, so the OLED should be nice.

Apparently a "Switch Pro" is still coming. This new OLED model is a nice upgrade for those who want to use it primarily as a handheld device. It's not just an OLED screen, it's almost an inch bigger as well. Also, the internal memory has been doubled to 64 GB. If someone uses the Switch primarily for handheld, they are more likely to purchase games digitally. Loading times are faster when a game is loaded from the internal memory versus a game card or SD card. It also has a better kickstand, if you plan on using it.

I don't ever use my Switch as a handheld, so I don't care much about the nicer screen and kickstand. But having the larger internal memory sure would be nice. And the dock having built in Ethernet is nice, too. I have the USB dongle for my dock, but it was an additional purchase and now I have a brick hanging out of my dock. I guess it's not that big of a deal. But if I was holding off getting a Swtich, this would probably have pushed me over the edge to get one now.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:49 am

So about a week ago I was in target and they actually had the Animal Crossing Switch system in stock. Kind of strange to see it out there. I figured they sold out a long time ago but there were eleven of them sitting there.
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:20 am

I think I asked this before but can't find the post. Sorry for the repetition.

The Witcher 3 port any good, those of y'all that have played it?
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:40 am

opa wrote:I think I asked this before but can't find the post. Sorry for the repetition.

Though I haven't played it myself, back when it came out, I remember hearing the Witcher 3 Switch port being lauded to hell and back for just how amazingly it ran :O
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:30 pm

opa wrote:I think I asked this before but can't find the post. Sorry for the repetition.

Very good. I owned it on the PS4 and Switch and ended up playing it far more on the Switch, purely because of the convenience of playing it on a handheld. It was a bit blurry when it was initially released, but they patched it a couple of times and it looks much better now.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Namco joins the Arcade Archives!!!!!!

Seems kinda redundant with all the Namco Museum compilations though.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:22 pm

After much resistance, I finally caved in and bought a Switch Lite.
I ended up getting seven games in one go.
All ports.

I have problems.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
marurun

by marurun Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Gucci wrote:I have problems.

And Switch ain’t one.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:42 pm

Not even close. But all kidding aside, I do like the actual hardware. Smaller than expected. I was going to wait for that OLED model but at $350, with no internal hardware bump, i didn’t see the value.

I got the games I really wanted. And yes they are ports, which I’m fine with. It was a conscious decision.

Zelda Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario 3D World
Captain Toad
Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Borderlands Pre-Sequel

Those games will last me a very long time.

Edit: I lied. I forgot that the Trails of Cold Steel 3 & 4 were on the Switch. Since I have 1 & 2 on the Vita, I might as well buy those since I see the Switch as a spiritual successor to the Vita (at least in the Lite form).
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:16 am

Gucci wrote:Not even close. But all kidding aside, I do like the actual hardware. Smaller than expected. I was going to wait for that OLED model but at $350, with no internal hardware bump, i didn’t see the value.

I got the games I really wanted. And yes they are ports, which I’m fine with. It was a conscious decision.

Zelda Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario 3D World
Captain Toad
Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Borderlands Pre-Sequel

Those games will last me a very long time.

Edit: I lied. I forgot that the Trails of Cold Steel 3 & 4 were on the Switch. Since I have 1 & 2 on the Vita, I might as well buy those since I see the Switch as a spiritual successor to the Vita (at least in the Lite form).

Don't you already have Skyrim on your toaster and pen?

On a serious note, is Breath of the Wild really a port? I thought they launched it on both Wii U and Switch simultaneously. (Wiki seems to back up my memory on this one.)
Return to Nintendo