HELP ME LIST: N64 games with widescreen and surround sound

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Re: HELP ME LIST: N64 games with widescreen and surround sou

Post by DinnerX »

I finally got around to testing my games Ziggy.

It occurs to me you might want a list of tested games. That way you will know when your list is complete.

Games tested by me:
1080 Snowboarding
Banjo-Kazooie
Beetle Adventure Racing!
Blast Corps.
Body Harvest
Buck Bumble
Bust-A-Move '99
Cruisin' USA
Diddy Kong Racing
Extreme G
Extreme G 2
F-Zero X
Glover
Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside
Monster Truck Madness 64
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
NFL Quarterback Club '99
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Quest 64
Rampage 2 Universal Tour
Rayman 2
Robotron 64
Space Station Silicon Valley
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
WCW vs. nWo World Tour
World Driver Championship

Games with surround or widescreen:
Pokemon Stadium 2 has Dolby surround sound. It also has something called "wide" in the sound options. :?

World Driver Championship has a high res letterbox mode.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

I'm pretty sure that Starshot: Space Circus Fever supports 16:9 widescreen.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

DinnerX You mean Banjo-Tooie not Banjo-Kazooie. Kazooie has no special modes.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Post by DinnerX »

Jamisonia wrote:DinnerX You mean Banjo-Tooie not Banjo-Kazooie. Kazooie has no special modes.
The first list is just games I tested. The second list at the bottom of my post shows the only two games I tested that had anything special.

DinnerX wrote:Games with surround or widescreen:
Pokemon Stadium 2 has Dolby surround sound. It also has something called "wide" in the sound options. :?

World Driver Championship has a high res letterbox mode.

My thinking was if Ziggy doesn't keep a list of ALL the games tested then he will never know if his list of widescreen or surround sound games is complete. Keeping a list of previously tested games would also prevent people from testing games somebody else already checked.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

If I remember my Video Essentials correct wide Dolby Surround is for set ups that have no center speaker. The sounds are widened into both the left and right to create a phantom center. It doesn't work as well as an actual center.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

DinnerX wrote:
Jamisonia wrote:DinnerX You mean Banjo-Tooie not Banjo-Kazooie. Kazooie has no special modes.
The first list is just games I tested. The second list at the bottom of my post shows the only two games I tested that had anything special. My thinking was if Ziggy doesn't keep a list of ALL the games tested then he will never know if his list of widescreen or surround sound games is complete. Keeping a list of previously tested games would also prevent people from testing games somebody else already checked.

Great idea! Until a complete list is made of the widescreen/surround sound games, good to know also which have already been verified that do not feature the extras.

Maybe Edit your Reply at the top by making a Quote Boldfaced for clarity with a matched Title? As more games are confirmed to not having the features this could also be updated to help Ziggy's list.

For example:

DinnerX wrote:GAMES VERIFIED WITHOUT WIDESCREEN OR SURROUND SOUND

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo-Kazooie
Beetle Adventure Racing!
Blast Corps
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

arcade_dude

Post by arcade_dude »

via emulation you get anamorphic widescreen for many games.
i tried super mario 64, mario kart 64 and zelda ocarina of time and it worked like a charm.

the guys at widescreen gaming created a list of games which ran under Project64 with anamorphic widescreen enabled: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/project64
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

For those deep in the scene, would it be possible to do a widescreen patch on a N64 rom and play that with an everdrive?
If there's a widescreen F-Zero X patch, I'd consider buying a N64 everdrive.
These hacks are currently possible for ps1 & ps2 games on real hardware, but I hope one day we can have these widescreen hacks for all systems!
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Jeez, two of my threads getting necrobumped on the same day. What are the chances? :lol:
gbboy

Post by gbboy »

wow i had no idea that some n64 games had a widescreen mode this is amazing