Wii: A failure

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Wii: A failure

Post by RCBH928 »

@flamepanther

Your point is true, but the NEW IPs I chose are all 8/10 and 9/10 score. Critics agree they are great games. I didn't choose NEW IPs that scored like like 5/10. So that makes the console worth while.

As for the NEW IP not being unique or original. You are right.
But all of Gears of Wars, LBP, LA NOIR, Heavy Rain, are unique and original and i posted them in my LIST.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I consider Gears of War cartoony.
The Last Horseman
128-bit

Post by The Last Horseman »

^I wouldn't use the word cartoony.... I'd say more arcadey. I'm not sure why I picked arcadey, but I know what your talking about.
Systems: Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, N64, Gamecube, Xbox 360

WTB: Boxes for a silver Gamecube System(and a hyperport cover), and a box for an Ice Blue N64 console. Will pay 7.50 for each and shipping.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

The Last Horseman wrote:^I wouldn't use the word cartoony.... I'd say more arcadey. I'm not sure why I picked arcadey, but I know what your talking about.

The gameplay isn't deep, that's for sure.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

The Last Horseman wrote:^I wouldn't use the word cartoony.... I'd say more arcadey. I'm not sure why I picked arcadey, but I know what your talking about.

I meant the design. The super mega muscular guys can't be called realistic, that's for sure.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

arcadey games are cool with me.
easy in and easy out

No learning curve No 10 hours to gain the super duper sword you NEED to continue the game

i dont know if I will regret saying this, but games became too long now days. I can't imagine how long an RPG will be on a bluray disc if they utilized the space for the story not the graphics...I guess they will start counting gameplay in days not hours "265 DAYS OF GAMEPLAY!"

any way, whats with RPG fans, why does the game have to be SOOOOOO LOOOOOOONNGG.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

kingmohd84 wrote:arcadey games are cool with me.
easy in and easy out

No learning curve No 10 hours to gain the super duper sword you NEED to continue the game

i dont know if I will regret saying this, but games became too long now days. I can't imagine how long an RPG will be on a bluray disc if they utilized the space for the story not the graphics...I guess they will start counting gameplay in days not hours "265 DAYS OF GAMEPLAY!"

any way, whats with RPG fans, why does the game have to be SOOOOOO LOOOOOOONNGG.

Because short, sweet, and to-the-point doesn't allow one to savor the flavor long enough. I think that's the usual reasoning, anyway. Personally, a game has to be amazing before I'll be willing to sink more than 20 hours into one playthrough.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I had to go to a Walmart for something today and was curious if they would have Lets Dance 2020. They had two copies and there was a lady buying one at that moment. They also had one copy of Lets Tap, but it was $30. So I thought about this topic about how eleven years ago none of us imagined they would still be selling Wii games at Walmart now.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

holy necrombump batman
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

dsheinem wrote:holy necrombump batman

I blame the Wii. It’s clearly a failure, and this necrobump is just the latest in a string of disasters defining its legacy.