NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by TheSSNintendo Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:12 pm

Been playing Astral Chain on and off, and I really need to put more time into it. Want to finish it so I can get Triangle Strategy.

Also, I've sunk over 30+ hours into Retro Bowl, an indie style version of Tecmo Bowl.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 am

For the first time ever I have hooked the Switch to my television. For the sports games: Nintendo Switch Sports and Ring Fit Adventure. Fun stuff!!
Ack

by Ack Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:23 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:For the first time ever I have hooked the Switch to my television. For the sports games: Nintendo Switch Sports and Ring Fit Adventure. Fun stuff!!

I did this for playing games with my wife, such as Good Job and Annoying Goose Game. If your other family members have any interest in gaming, this isn't a bad way to go about it!
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Believe me, the kids are already all over this shiz.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:21 am

Got all the games I wanted - many physical, many more digital - about 120 overall - I dumped a lot of cash on this system. Sadly, I haven't spent much time on my Switch, so the majority of them are completely un-played - many still in plastic. Recent got confirmation that my 4K Gamer Pro cable I got on Kickstarter is being shipped imminently. It makes 3D Switch games look much better on a 4K screen.

after playing some previously inaccessible games on my new computer I finally got around to installing Yuzu and making it work as well as possible on my new computer and 4K screen. I built the computer to play any games available, but I never expected that emulated Switch would look this much better and that they'd all play so well. The games I intend to play a lot all have 60FPS hacks and play beautifully.

I might not ever play another Switch game on my Switch.

A couple of years ago when I borrowed my nephew's Switch to play Cave Story, I was really disappointed that I couldn't get the scaling 1:1 despite having every scaler and every resolution screen. The internal scaling just can't be reconciled and it kinda ruined the experience to the point that I gave up before making it far. I managed to fix this one without emulation. Doukutsu-RS can interpret it's data files. It's finally all clear and crisp! It's definitely the ultimate version, tho I expect I'll also enjoy playing the 3DS version in actual 3D with my VR headset using Citra.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:21 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Black Widow Recharged

On this note, Gravitar: Recharged is now a thing with Yars: Recharged on deck. You love to see it.

I think this is, like, the third "wave" of Atari reboots. There was a small cluster on the Jaguar, that late-90s Hasbro set, and now these...
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:54 am

Added the following to my stack of "games I'll get to eventually":

Garfield Kart - yes, for real. I like garfield.
Chrono Cross Remaster - nice to finally get an official release of radical dreamers on a cart
Metal Max Xeno Reborn - an rpg about tanks in the desert. Seems pretty neat. I've never played any game in the series before.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Picked up the TMNT Cowabunga Collection on my birthday a few days ago. Played around with the arcade games, but I also need to get back to playing more Xenoblade.
Return to Nintendo