NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by TheSSNintendo Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:12 pm

Been playing Astral Chain on and off, and I really need to put more time into it. Want to finish it so I can get Triangle Strategy.

Also, I've sunk over 30+ hours into Retro Bowl, an indie style version of Tecmo Bowl.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:03 am

For the first time ever I have hooked the Switch to my television. For the sports games: Nintendo Switch Sports and Ring Fit Adventure. Fun stuff!!
Ack

by Ack Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:23 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:For the first time ever I have hooked the Switch to my television. For the sports games: Nintendo Switch Sports and Ring Fit Adventure. Fun stuff!!

I did this for playing games with my wife, such as Good Job and Annoying Goose Game. If your other family members have any interest in gaming, this isn't a bad way to go about it!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Believe me, the kids are already all over this shiz.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:21 am

Got all the games I wanted - many physical, many more digital - about 120 overall - I dumped a lot of cash on this system. Sadly, I haven't spent much time on my Switch, so the majority of them are completely un-played - many still in plastic. Recent got confirmation that my 4K Gamer Pro cable I got on Kickstarter is being shipped imminently. It makes 3D Switch games look much better on a 4K screen.

after playing some previously inaccessible games on my new computer I finally got around to installing Yuzu and making it work as well as possible on my new computer and 4K screen. I built the computer to play any games available, but I never expected that emulated Switch would look this much better and that they'd all play so well. The games I intend to play a lot all have 60FPS hacks and play beautifully.

I might not ever play another Switch game on my Switch.

A couple of years ago when I borrowed my nephew's Switch to play Cave Story, I was really disappointed that I couldn't get the scaling 1:1 despite having every scaler and every resolution screen. The internal scaling just can't be reconciled and it kinda ruined the experience to the point that I gave up before making it far. I managed to fix this one without emulation. Doukutsu-RS can interpret it's data files. It's finally all clear and crisp! It's definitely the ultimate version, tho I expect I'll also enjoy playing the 3DS version in actual 3D with my VR headset using Citra.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:21 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Black Widow Recharged

On this note, Gravitar: Recharged is now a thing with Yars: Recharged on deck. You love to see it.

I think this is, like, the third "wave" of Atari reboots. There was a small cluster on the Jaguar, that late-90s Hasbro set, and now these...
opa
128-bit

by opa Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:54 am

Added the following to my stack of "games I'll get to eventually":

Garfield Kart - yes, for real. I like garfield.
Chrono Cross Remaster - nice to finally get an official release of radical dreamers on a cart
Metal Max Xeno Reborn - an rpg about tanks in the desert. Seems pretty neat. I've never played any game in the series before.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Picked up the TMNT Cowabunga Collection on my birthday a few days ago. Played around with the arcade games, but I also need to get back to playing more Xenoblade.
opa
128-bit

by opa Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:39 am

For $15 I took a chance on Harvest Moon: Light of Hope. And I'm glad I did! It's actually a pretty good Harvest Moon game since Natsume started developing their own games. It isn't bogged down in all the social-life crap and let's you just farm at your own pace. The story is pretty bland (collect five medallions to save the island) but it is a tolerable goal. I feel like I'll have it beaten within the first in-game year.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:55 pm

Lots of good stuff from yesterday's Direct. I've preordered Metroid Prime Remaster and Zelda TotK. Plus I've already put in for some PTO for Zelda's release. I've got my eye on the Etrian Odyssey collection and the Baiten Kaitos collection too. I always wanted to give those franchises a try.

And of course, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Xenoblade 3 DLC. I've been waiting for wave 3 to drop to start up New Game +. The Wave 4 teaser was short but exciting! I'm especially looking forward to...
seeing all 3 main protagonists teaming up...probably? What kind of shenanigans is Alvis/Ontos up to? Hopefully, this will be as good as the Torna expansion.
Return to Nintendo