NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy587

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:29 am

Nemoide wrote:I've been holding off on getting a Switch because of the rumored "Switch Pro" - since this is as close as we're getting to that for now, I'll be getting one! I see myself playing it handheld more than anything else anyway, so the OLED should be nice.

Apparently a "Switch Pro" is still coming. This new OLED model is a nice upgrade for those who want to use it primarily as a handheld device. It's not just an OLED screen, it's almost an inch bigger as well. Also, the internal memory has been doubled to 64 GB. If someone uses the Switch primarily for handheld, they are more likely to purchase games digitally. Loading times are faster when a game is loaded from the internal memory versus a game card or SD card. It also has a better kickstand, if you plan on using it.

I don't ever use my Switch as a handheld, so I don't care much about the nicer screen and kickstand. But having the larger internal memory sure would be nice. And the dock having built in Ethernet is nice, too. I have the USB dongle for my dock, but it was an additional purchase and now I have a brick hanging out of my dock. I guess it's not that big of a deal. But if I was holding off getting a Swtich, this would probably have pushed me over the edge to get one now.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
opa
128-bit

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

by opa Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:49 am

So about a week ago I was in target and they actually had the Animal Crossing Switch system in stock. Kind of strange to see it out there. I figured they sold out a long time ago but there were eleven of them sitting there.
Return to Nintendo