Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
bawitback
64-bit

Rebuilding a Saturn ISO?

by bawitback Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Files contain..

CUE (1)
ISO (1)
WAV (25)
SFV (1)

Converted with SRP to U region. Now, im trying to rebuild using CDmage but whenever I open the ISO, it prompts image type with a drop down. Which do I chose? the ISO looks somthing like this: Track01.ISO. I tried loading the cue, but a error comes up. Ahh these simple little problems are bugging me...

:cry:
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

by Pullmyfinger Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:38 am

create a new cue file with the sega cue maker
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:54 am

first off... what does the cue sheet say in it (open it with notepad)

next... did you rename the .iso after you converted it? If you did the cue sheet probably isn't recognizing it for that reason.

the image type? It is possibly wondering the mode or sector struction it is using... mode 1, 2352, that sort of crap. What are your choices... that and the cue sheet will most likely tell you what the structure is (The second line will say something like "TRACK 01 MODE1/2352"). The thing is this is kind of irrelevant as burning the iso image alone will not include the sound files. Unless you do a mix mode disk... which is in my opinion the way NOT to burn the game.

Your best bet is to use the cue sheet... open it and make sure it says something along the lines of this.

FILE "Track01.ISO" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Track02.wav" WAVE
TRACK 02 AUDIO
FILE "Track03.wav" WAVE
TRACK 03 AUDIO

So on so forth to track 26. The MODE1/2048 may be 2352... the original cue sheet should tell you which it is. If not there are programs out there that will scan the file and let you know. They aren't that trust worthy... so I'd test what the cue sheet says first and then try the others (2048, 2352, so on). Wastes disks... but they cost a nickel a pop... meh.

Also make sure that the names in the quotations match the actual file names. If the file name is actually VidegoGameMusicTrack01.wav . then obviousily write that in the quotes instead. And most importantly make sure all the files including the cue sheet are in the same directory so that way it can call all of them. If they aren't in the same directory then you'll have to type the directory of each individual file directly into the cue sheet.

Then using something like Nero or Alcohol 120% choose to burn a disk image. Browse for the cue sheet and it will do the rest for you.

That should just about do it.

I would like to add. tools like "sega cue maker" are very useful in that they are speedy. But just like a calculator, it is a tool not a handicap. Master the art first then use the short cuts.

It is best to learn how the cue sheet works and how to write one from scratch. This way if any errors occur with the cue maker your not left scratching your head. You always have notepad and smarts to work with. An idea one should probably use in most work...

One doesn't use a nail gun with out first using a hammer.

You have no idea how many times I kick myself for getting into linux well after the GUI interface was set up. Nor was into Windows before Win95. My ability in terminal or command prompt is very poor and it handicaps in so many ways when I am attempting to learn how to administrate a Linux server. It causes me to have to stop and start all over from scratch at times... not fun.

wow that was long winded.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
bawitback
64-bit

by bawitback Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:54 am

Alright thx for the info. I'll remake a new cue sheet. (i'll practicing doing it on scratch as well) ;)
Return to Technical Help