Connect a Sony memory stick to Xbox

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Connect a Sony memory stick to Xbox

Post by Mega-Dan »

Does anybody have any idea how to connect a sony memory stick to a modded xbox? I asked on xbox-scene.org and was ignored. I was thinking that if I could do this then I could create interconnectivity between emulators on a modded xbox and a psp, which would be pretty cool so I could take my snes and nes games on the road. I have the keyboard adapter, which is usb female to xbox controllerport male, and I have a variety of flash memory readers. I cannot get my xbox to recognize the flash memory in any reader in either xcommander, xbox media center etc, although the flash memory readers are getting power from the xbox.
Does anybody have any ideas about how to get something like this to work?
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

i`m not sure the x-box-usb-proprietary-ctrller recognizes something different from a hid (or something close to it...).
surely your adapter gets power, because the mains is simply loopedthroughed to the usb-port.

i don`t think it`ll work guy, sorry...
know your roots !!!
Mega-Dan
24-bit

any other method of connection?

Post by Mega-Dan »

Can anyone think of another method of connecting a USB memory stick adapter to an xbox? even if it means splicing a wire. I know xbox controller ports are just modified usb adapters.
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

you read my post???
know your roots !!!
Mega-Dan
24-bit

I read your post

Post by Mega-Dan »

I read your post and was wondering if beyond the microsoft offical usb keyboard adapter there might be a second way. I know some people made usb ports on the xbox, but I have no idea what they use them for unless they are for xbox linux, which I am not going to do.
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

right, the only thing you`re able to use is a usb-mass-storage-device afaik with x-box linux for wang / ms-dashboard for savegames.

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_USB_Compatibility_List
here you can get some information on your problem :-)
know your roots !!!
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Thanks

Post by Mega-Dan »

Thanks, that what I was curious about, saved me time modifying a controller port.