Time for a new PC...

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
SpaceBooger

Time for a new PC...

Post by SpaceBooger »

So on my main PC, chrome freezes and won't load after sleep. The computer is slow or freezes on boot.
Done trying to pice it back together. It's a FX6300, GTX980, 16gb ram. Time to upgrade...
Can anyone suggest or point me to a good gaming PC for around $1000?

Was thinking something like this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpower ... Id=6400454
I like cyberpower and iBuyPower for the ease of upgrading and replacing parts.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Ziggy

Re: Time for a new PC...

Post by Ziggy »

Are you against building it yourself? I wholeheartedly recommend it. You can keep the same budget, too.

For reference, here's a desktop that I built for myself just 1 year ago... viewtopic.php?f=49&t=52782

That hardware bundle was about $1,200 from NewEgg at the time, but will obviously be cheaper now. Newer generations of the CPU and mobo exist (3000 series CPU and x570 motherboard) but I stuck with the previous generation because it was "tried and true." You would need to add a graphics card and optical drive (if desired) or you could reuse these items from your current desktop if possible to keep cost down (GPU could always be upgraded later). The case that I got is huge, you would probably want a mid size tower instead and that would also be cheaper, or reuse the one you have now if possible. You could also save money by getting a 1TB HDD instead of the 4TB that I got. Cheaper SSD exists too, but Samsung EVO is king. So yeah, totally doable for $1,000 and you'll have a better PC because of it. I doubt the PC from that link has an 80+ Platinum PSU in it.
SpaceBooger

Re: Time for a new PC...

Post by SpaceBooger »

Now against building, I've built most of my previous interest but one. It's a time thing with five kids and school starting i needed it ASAP and to work asap. Like it sad I stay to certain brands because they use standard components that can be upgraded and replaced easily... Not to mention windows, unless that doesn't matter anymore with the Microsoft login thing.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.