Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
SpaceBooger

XBOX One Controller PC Issues

by SpaceBooger Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:11 pm

I bought an original XBOX One controller and the wireless USB adapter. I can not keep the controller connected. It connects I start a game, any game, and about 2 minutes in it disconnects and I cant sync it again. I have tried it with the wireless adapter right next to the controller and it still disconnects and wont reconnect after about 2 minutes.
I tried different drivers, restarted, etc.
Anyone else have this controller and wireless adapter? If you do have you had this issue and how did you solve it?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: XBOX One Controller PC Issues

by Hazerd Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Are you using Windows 10? i couldnt get it to work with 7, but have built a new computer with 10 since then.

Pretty sure 10 doesnt require any drivers either, i didnt download any at least. I know there is one for 7/8 out there, but i couldnt get it work with 7.

Also depending on the model of the Xbox One controller you can use any bluetooth dongle to connect and not the official Microsoft one for the Xbox One controller.

Also i have the Gears of War model and been playing FF9 on Steam with mine, no problems.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:27 pm

I do have win10. It's the original model it does not have the 3mm headphone jack. If I plug the wire in it works fine, just not wirelessly.

Here is what I bought.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:35 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:I do have win10. It's the original model it does not have the 3mm headphone jack. If I plug the wire in it works fine, just not wirelessly.

Here is what I bought.

Check this reddit thread maybe:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comm ... t_working/
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Hazerd wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:I do have win10. It's the original model it does not have the 3mm headphone jack. If I plug the wire in it works fine, just not wirelessly.

Here is what I bought.

That's where I originally got all my ideas... I cant seem to make this wireless stuff work. I guess I wasted $25 on an adapter.
BLOG | BST
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:49 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:
Hazerd wrote:

Here is what I bought.

That's where I originally got all my ideas... I cant seem to make this wireless stuff work. I guess I wasted $25 on an adapter.

Return it, could be faulty.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:15 pm

SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Tried all that. Like I said it works for about 2 minutes then won't reconnect unless I unplug and reboot. Line of sight could be an issue but I tried it setting next to the controller on my wooden desk.

I can't return it, I threw away the packaging after I originally tested it... for about 1 minute.
BLOG | BST
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 pm

yeah I keep mine on my desk too.

Try manually installing the driver?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 430246727/
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:54 pm

noiseredux wrote:yeah I keep mine on my desk too.

Try manually installing the driver?

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 430246727/

I just tried that, but the driver they speak of is no longer listed. This said driver version 20.x, they only have 21.x and that is the one I already have installed. I tried the 21.x anyway but it still didn't work.

People are posting about this all over the internet... some have the same issues some have no issues.
BLOG | BST
Return to Technical Help