Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Freezingwind

Sega CD Model 1 Help.?

by Freezingwind Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:50 am

So I just recently bought a Sega CD Model 1. I tested it at the shop and it wasn't powering on at all. Me and the owner tried different power supplies for it. Nothing. So the owner told me to bring it home and see if anything changes if not then I can just return it back. It's not a big loss. But still. :( I'd like it to work.

So, here's what's happening. He initially thought it was a blown fuse, I'm not thinking it's the case. Although I've soldered a fuse holder onto the F1 connectors and placed a 1.5 amp fuse in it. Still no "Ready" or "Access" lights in the front. It's not powering on.

I opened up the disc tray and gently pushed the laser to the back to see if there was any response from the disc drive. I plugged it back to the Genesis and tried to power it on. Sega CD still won't power on, BUT the laser was moving back to it's original position. So I know that the power is working it's just not getting through all the way. Anyone experienced this at all? I'm ready to give any pictures/etc.

Help me solve this please. I'm also in the racketboy discord server which you can use through web or client. https://discord.gg/swvjz
Freezingwind

Re: Sega CD Model 1 Help.?

by Freezingwind Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:33 pm

bump
Return to Technical Help