Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: Just picked up a PVM. What do I need to get things going

by Erik_Twice Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 am

How do you play Beatmania? If you want to play using the PS2 games it will be easy, if you use simulators or arcade data, things will be more difficult because your screen works at 15Khz, a PC works at 31Khz.

Of course, if you are nerdy enough about IIDX to run hacked arcade data, you are probably nerdy enough to get a modern display just for IIDX :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
goatlll
16-bit

by goatlll Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:41 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:Hey Goat, you seem like a cool character. Stick around the forums for a little while. Keep posting; don't just lurk. It would be nice to have another contributing member. I like your positive attitude.

Thank you for the vote of confidence! I tell you what ended up being a nice bonus. The same place I got this PVM from, I also picked up a pair of laserdisk players a while back. And guess what?

Native RGB on the back. So I am going to test that out with a Cowboy Bebop and Giant Robo later on tonight.
If you don't have any soundtracks on vinyl you are doing yourself a disservice
goatlll
16-bit

by goatlll Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Erik_Twice wrote:How do you play Beatmania? If you want to play using the PS2 games it will be easy, if you use simulators or arcade data, things will be more difficult because your screen works at 15Khz, a PC works at 31Khz.

Of course, if you are nerdy enough about IIDX to run hacked arcade data, you are probably nerdy enough to get a modern display just for IIDX :lol:

I do have several of the pc cracks, and they work fine enough, but I also have all the mixes for PS2 and a couple of Dao controllers. While I am waiting for the cables to arrive, I hooked it up through the S video port on the back of the PVM. God bless, I miss that accurate timing! Been a while since I have played IIDX on a crt.

Just for kicks, I also played a little of the original DDR for jps1. Perfect timing on that as well.
If you don't have any soundtracks on vinyl you are doing yourself a disservice
Return to Technical Help