Samsung TV HDMI woes!

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Samsung TV HDMI woes!

Post by flojocabron »

A problem just came up on my Samsung Tv last night.

Today its not much different either.

My Samsung LN32D450G1D LCD tv is no longer detecting one of its HDMI ports! :|

It had been working fine for years until last night.

Its the port directly behind the TV. The one on the side still works.

I turned on the tv and turned on my ps3 connected to port one and the screen was black. It said mode not supported and then no signal. Port two on the side turned on okay My blu ray player turned on. I put it back on tv mode and flipped both hdmi cables. The PS3 showed up on port 2 but the bluray player no longer showed up on port 1!

Grrr.

I changed HDMI cables and still no dice! After fooling around some more, I managed to get the Bluray player to show up for only one or two seconds before the screen went black once again.

I unplugged the TV and waited 15 minutes like a thread on the internet said. Nothing

I did a factory reset of the TV and still it didn't help! :(

I saw on youtube vid on how to do some special menu options. But I dont want to mess with stuff like that.

So is that HDMI port dead? What can I do?

Is it time for a new tv? I still got one hdmi port left. But its going to get harder to plug and unplug stuff now.

Damn.

Tips and help please.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Kidpanda
64-bit

Re: Samsung TV HDMI woes!

Post by Kidpanda »

Do you insert and remove cables from this port often? If so, you may have broken some solder joints or it's possible it had weak joints to begin with.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Kidpanda wrote:Do you insert and remove cables from this port often? If so, you may have broken some solder joints or it's possible it had weak joints to begin with.

not really.

I have a two hdmi port splitter.

had the 360 and ps3 share the same port. all it takes is a little button press between them.

my friend told me the same. Upon first inspection, it looks okay. but still, i'm no expert.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

You'll probably have to take it somewhere to be repaired. It would likely be more cost effective to get a new HDMI switch with more ports.

I recently got one of these and it works great. It autoswitches to any input that goes active. I have it tucked away behind my entertainment center so I never even have to mess with it. However, if you have more than one "always on" device like a satellite cable box or Xbox One (in standby mode) the autoswitching may not work.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I'd like to echo the HDMI switch suggestion. It seems like the most cost effective option.
micron

Post by micron »

If you can mod a console you can do this repair. IT IS EASY!!!! Take the back off the TV and verify the numbers from your main board match this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-LN32D45 ... 1830838764 . Buy it, and install it and both HDMI ports will work again. I've done a dozen repairs like this, I'm always getting Samsung TVs in my place.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

My friend moved a connected console a bit too far and broke the back HDMI port of his Samsung plasma while I was there. It didn't take much - it's not like he stressed it a lot. Wiggling can make it work, but it's truly toast. Now he runs everything off the side port with a switch.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
winds
128-bit

Post by winds »

This is probably not the fix, since you tested different devices on it, but is it possible your devices are set to 1080 and your tv only supports 720? I have a samsung plasma that's only 720p and I recently connected my xbox 360 to it via hdmi that unbeknownst to me was set to 1080p output. Samsung kept telling me "mode not support" then switched to no signal.

I had to connect my 360 to another tv, change the output to 720, then plug it back in to the samsung for it to start showing video again.
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1