64-Pin Mod Chip Problems

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
ShowDog

64-Pin Mod Chip Problems

Post by ShowDog »

I have 3 Saturns, two are round buttoned and one is oval. When I bought my mod chip, I assumed all round button Saturns were 32-pin, but was disappointed to discover that both of my round buttoned Saturns were 64-pin units. I tried installing the chip in both systems using the A+B method, but in both the disc would refuse to spin, and I would just get a checking disc message. Also, one of the Saturns displayed lots of slowdown in the menu's when the chip was installed as well as two green boxes, while the other Saturn displayed two large red circles. Both Saturns work perfectly when I take the chip out. I'm going to try going the normal route instead of the A+B route, but does anyone have any tips after that? It doesn't seem like many people around here attempt to install to 64-pin Saturns. I don't know if it is the chip or the Saturns. I may consider trying to modify the chip for the oval buttoned Saturn if I have to, but I would really rather not. It's hard to find these things nowadays, and it sucks I only seem to end up with 64-pin units. Anyways, I'll keep you all posted on whether it works when I try soldering directly to the board, and I look forward to any tips anyone may have (I read all the guides and troubleshooting pages, so anything in addition to that would be helpful).