Some Dreamcast games not working.

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
GagaMan
128-bit

Some Dreamcast games not working.

Post by GagaMan »

I've had this problem quite a few times now, currently on 3 games I own: Virtua Striker 2 (PAL), Virtua Tennis 2 (PAL) and Air Force Delta (NTSC-JAPAN). There isn't any major scracthes on them, but after the Sega logo they just pop back to the BIOS screen. Tried boot discs and everything. The one music track still pops up under the CD player part, but the games simply don't want to go to the data. This has happen to me with different copies of Virtua Striker about 4 times now (as I keep replacing them because the game is rock cheap.). Anyone else have this problem or even better a solution of some sort? Thanks.
Adderall
32-bit

Post by Adderall »

Do you play your dreamcast a lot? Also, do you play backups on it at all? If so, it could be your laser. I had an extra dreamcast lying around, so I put in a NES emulation disc and played Galaga with infinite lives cheat. Then I put a rubber band around the fire button and let it sit for a couple days to see what happened when the score looped.

Anyways, after a few days it broke my dreamcast laser. It wouldn't read regular games anymore or anything else. At first, sometimes it would read a GD-ROM disc, but not a burned one. Then it stopped reading anything.
GagaMan
128-bit

Post by GagaMan »

Ah, here's something I didn't mention: I've tried the games on 4 different Dreamcast's, one of which has barely ever been used. =E