>>>Before reading any further in the section. READ THIS!<<<

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
lordofduct
Next-Gen

>>>Before reading any further in the section. READ THIS!<<<

Post by lordofduct »

Before Posting your question though please do us a favor to reduce repeat threads and anguish... and also to help out other users who might have the same problem as you:

1) Thread Description: Be simple yet precise. Include a brief title of your problem and model of console or type of product.
... i.e. instead of saying "I have a problem" and going on about your Sega Saturn mod chip woes in the thread. You can say, "Sega Saturn Model 2 Mod Chip - System does not boot"

2) In your thread be as descriptive as possible. If you just say it doesn't work and you've tried everything... I'm betting you haven't. Have you thrown it against the wall? I bet not... so you haven't done everything. Please tell us everything you've done and what occured when you did it. Don't leave any detail out, the thing you might think is irrelevant might actually be the answer to your problem. This does not mean you have to tell us how many times you picked your nose in the process though!

3) Supply pictures whenever possible and could be of assistance. You don't know what model saturn you have, show us a picture of it taken apart... we can probably help you with that one.

4) This is the MOST IMPORTANT. Please use the search tool prior to posting to see if anyone has already asked the question and we already posted the answer. If the search tool fails to bring anything up, go through atleast the first 2 pages worth of threads making sure that the search tool didn't leave out a thread merely because of spelling... or worse because someone didn't title the threads subject in the appropriate manner.

5) If someone has already titled a thread with the same problem as you, but everything we've done to help this person does not help you. Do NOT be afraid to post in that thread instead of making a brand new one. It goes right to the top and we can continue helping you there. This reduces the amount of threads in this section allowing others to locate what they need faster... also it gives future readers a larger reference to look through and see steps they wouldn't see in your thread alone.
... I will admit though, if the thread is exorbantly large... starting a new thread isn't a bad idea merely because multi paged threads climibing to 100 posts in it alone makes for a lot of nonsense reading for users when trying to find their answer. In that case, starting a new thread isn't a bad idea. But if it is relevant enough to an existing thread... please stick with that thread.

If you follow these simple steps the Technical Help section can be cleaner and much more helpful for both you as the the person in need of assistance, for others who might also have the same problem, and most importantly (in my opinion) for us the people who are helping you!

oh... and one last thing... not to be rude or mean... but.

GOOGLE IT!
Last edited by lordofduct on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Done.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Great job!
lordofduct
Next-Gen