Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
aaron
Next-Gen

a slew of dreamcast queries.

by aaron Wed May 02, 2007 5:51 pm

okay. so. i'm kinda new at the more "technical" end of these things. so here we go.

first off i'll tell you that all the images i've downloaded have been from UG and most from the complete NTSC-US collection. so insofar as i know they are the original releases from the original groups and haven't been effed with in any fashion.

query 1: a few of the images, namely ReVolt (US-Kalisto), Air Force Delta (US-Kalisto), and 4 Wheel Thunder (US-Kalisto) all have fubar'd audio once i pop them in. i burn all images using Alcohol 120% @ 2x in RAW DAO mode with the option "Rectify Sub Channel Data" checked. i haven't run into any problems thus far with anything else. i believe all of these images came with the "unpack.exe" that auto-extracts the audio that is supposed to match up with the cue sheet. so i guess my question is wtf do i do? the cue sheets look fine (i haven't tried editing them), but i don't know why i'm just getting popping as my background music.

query 2: what's the best (read: easiest) way to repack a game to make it self-boot? i've read a few tutorials and i'm either missing files or just simply am not sure what to do so if someone could either explain it step by step here (not expecting that) or could point me in the direction of a great tutorial on another forum or something that would be awesome. this boot loader shit sucks with how a.d.d. i am on switching games.

query 3: that's it, actually, i thought i had three.

okay! so there's my n00b-isms for today. thanks in advance for any help anyone is willing to give.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed May 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Is the audio gone altogether or just messed up?
Do you have the nfo files?

As for selfbooting, I recommend BIN2BOOT
It's pretty easy
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 am

bin2boot won't work for me. i just keep getting an error, something about the application not being able to write to itself or something. i'm in windows xp sp2.

i have the audio files, the cue sheet seems to be fine (no obvious gaps or anything) but when i pop in revolt, for example, all i get is "tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick" and it stays that way throughout the rest of the game. just a very fast click track.

i have the .nfo's i don't see anything out of the ordinary or anything i'm doing wrong.

i'm pist! :x
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed May 09, 2007 6:40 am

That's a weird error...
well, you could try this:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2004/08/ ... al-by.html
Return to Technical Help