Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
jedah
8-bit

Dreamcast Vga Question

by jedah Wed May 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I have a Dreamcast VGA box. In order to get it to work I need to connect it up to a monitor and power up the dreamcast and the monitor. There is a small power led on it. This dosent light up straight away. After about 15-20 seconds the light comes on, then I need to flick the power off and on on the dreamcast quickly(so the light stays on) then the picture will appear on the monitor. Is this normal? Do all VGA boxes have to 'warm up' or have I bought a dodgy one.

Any help would be apprieciated.

J.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed May 02, 2007 2:56 pm

Hmm -- from my experience, that isn't normal.
Is it pluged in all the way?
Is that one you bought from me?
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

by Pullmyfinger Wed May 02, 2007 5:00 pm

not normal at all, what model or brand is it?
jedah
8-bit

by jedah Thu May 03, 2007 3:30 pm

I cant give you a name or model number as I cant find one. I will describe it. It is a black box on the front it has a switch one way for p.c. and one for t.v. (it also says cd-r on there for some reason).
The power light is on the top. Then on the left edge it has inputs for VGA(video) and a stereo jack. On the right edge it has an S-Video input plus 3 AV inputs (yellow,white and red). That is all the info I can get from it.
I bought it from Lik-Sang(R.I.P.) a long time ago. I assumed this was normal behavior so I lived with it. You guys have answered my question now so I wil go shopping for another one. Thanks for the help.

J.

P.S. racketboy, Do you still have any vga leads in stock?
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Thu May 03, 2007 4:50 pm

jedah wrote:I cant give you a name or model number as I cant find one. I will describe it. It is a black box on the front it has a switch one way for p.c. and one for t.v. (it also says cd-r on there for some reason).
The power light is on the top. Then on the left edge it has inputs for VGA(video) and a stereo jack. On the right edge it has an S-Video input plus 3 AV inputs (yellow,white and red). That is all the info I can get from it.
I bought it from Lik-Sang(R.I.P.) a long time ago. I assumed this was normal behavior so I lived with it. You guys have answered my question now so I wil go shopping for another one. Thanks for the help.

J.

P.S. racketboy, Do you still have any vga leads in stock?

Hmm -- not familar with any except my own.
But yeah, I have a few more right now and will be getting some more in about a week.
Just check the store link...
Return to Technical Help