Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Turnerp561
8-bit

Saturn Burning For Mac Users

by Turnerp561 Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:09 am

Any pointers on making Saturn backups for Mac users? What programs should I gather for example. I already use Toast, and I understand that I should have the Sega converter for MP3/WAV conversion. What about changing region codes? Any tips guys?! Thanks!
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:56 pm

There are a few threads here in the tech forum already on this topic

It isn't that hard. The basics are the same as on Windows, it just is a different program

Most burning software (toast for instance) converts the MP3 files to wav during the burn process as long as your cue sheet (in the case of a bin/cue) tells it that the mp3 files are audio tracks

Other images like .nrg already have the audio tracks in them, or .bin files that are full (with out the audio tracks seperated).

Do a search on google, or here on the forum for other threads on it.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
alexkidd
24-bit

it was rather tricky for me

by alexkidd Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Bin/Cue are easy to do on any version of Toast, but MP3/ISO and WAV/ISO will only work for me on Toast 5, not on Toast 6 or Toast 7.

I bought a copy of Toast 5 off of eBay. Perhaps 6 and 7 work for this but I wasted LOTS of time trying to figure it out.

Also I've had to convert my MP3's to WAVs on my own to get the ISO/MP3 ones to burn.

If you find Toast 5 there is an FAQ somewhere on how to use it to burn games.
Turnerp561
8-bit

by Turnerp561 Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:10 pm

thanks for the info guys, now all I have to do is wait for my freaking Saturn to arrive, got a japanese PAL system by the way
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:47 pm

if you are having trouble with iso/mp3 or WAV/ISO write up a cue sheet for them and Toast should handle it just fine.

if you can't write cue sheets, check out segacuesheetmaker... the program is out there, I think Racket has it on his site for DL.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

by grittykitty Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:12 pm

pester rattboi (not racketboy!) for his saturnburn.pl script. i think it was made for linux but he got it working on a mac and i used it to burn a lot of saturn games and it worked quite well (you can choose the region as well)
Let's TRADE! : check my BST thread
Return to Technical Help